Cruising with Teens

We sailed on the Allure with my 3 kids, the oldest was 15 at the time and usually very shy. He would leave the cabin in the morning and although there were sightings of him during the day by family members, I never saw him. He would roll back to to cabin late at night. It was easier to check his Instagram to see what he was up to.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

And that will bean option offered. Don't likethe rules stay home with grandma and grandpa. No skin off my nose and I save money.

I kind of get that poster's point. It kind of screams a lack of trust in your teen. If I did not trust mine enough to not need that, they would not be cruising anyway. I really just stick to going over rules that are cruise only, so they may not recall them, etc. I have long since passed the point that I need to remind (much less demand they sign a contract about) my kids about basic manners, etc.

Then again, I understand every family functions differently and some teens may not be at all offended and hurt by such a contract and not see it as a lack of faith in them and just like having everything spelled out. If it works for your family, GREAT and more power to you.

As long as the teens are well behaved and safe, who cares what worked to make that happen :)

If my parents tried to make me sign that thing, I would just assume stay home...

That statement makes no sense. I assume you mean "I would just AS SOON stay home". And don't tell me it was a typo!:D;)

Edited by Rala