Arrival Time at Orlando Airport to make the ship

DR9

Curious to what the latest anyone's ever arrived at Orlando airport and made a 4:00 embarkation (3:00 check in). Our Air Canada flight is scheduled to arrive from Toronto at 12:26 however the past few weeks its been late, today as example arrived at 2:21.

We are booked on the Carnival Sensation using their bus transportation.

Basically trying to decide whether to change my flight to the day before or go with the flow and book a flight to Freeport if we miss it.

Edited by DR9

What time is the bus scheduled to depart MCO?

I live in the Orlando area. There are a numerous amount of traffic delays that occur on a daily basis. And, even without a traffic delay I do not see how a bus going the speed limit on the 528 to PC would be able to get you to the ship in 39 minutes.

Even if you arrive at 12:26 you will miss a lot of fun. I would plan on getting to the ship no later than 2:30 with an on time plane. That is still cutting it close.

Really good idea. At any airport you just never know. I don't know when you are flying in, but if there is a thunderstorm within 4 miles of the airport they don't unload bags from the planes. That can really extend your time at baggage claim. If there is any sort of accident on the 528 (the road to Pt. Cananveral) the trip could take forever. Enjoy our beautiful FLorida sunshine!!

Flight is changed to the night before. Thanks for the advice.

Curious to what the latest anyone's ever arrived at Orlando airport and made a 4:00 embarkation (3:00 check in). Our Air Canada flight is scheduled to arrive from Toronto at 12:26 however the past few weeks its been late, today as example arrived at 2:21.

We are booked on the Carnival Sensation using their bus transportation.

Basically trying to decide whether to change my flight to the day before or go with the flow and book a flight to Freeport if we miss it.

Check in time could be as early as 2:30 it can vary from 60 to 90 minutes. It's a 50 minute ride to the pier and if you arrive on time it often takes 30 minutes to get your luggage.......

I would take an earlier flight or even the day ahead. Carnival will no longer automatically let you catch up to the ship. If missing the ship was your fault they absolutely won't let you board in Freeport, and if it was the airlines fault they evaluate the circumstance and make a case by case decision.

so tosays flight that arrived at 2:21 more then likly they would be missing their cruise- allow at least 45 minutes travel time to get to the ship.

I would change your flight and go the day before

or take the first flight out in the morning. Do not book a flight with a stop over either

Most of the year, I'd strongly suggest flying in the day before the cruise for ANY cruise. During winter, where a major storm could cause more than a day's delay (even if the storm doesn't hit your area - since flight delays tend to ripple across the country…), I'd fly in *two* days before the cruise to be safe.

I'm cruising next Saturday - and flying to Florida Wednesday to be absolutely sure I make it. :D