Advice on Sapphire Princess

Widebay

My wife & I have finally decided not to do the P&O Papua New Guinea cruise, but now fly to Singapore either this year or early 2015 for "Vietnam, Thailand & Malaysia Grand Adventure Cruise" (10 nights round trip from Singapore).

This cruise will also allows us to stay a few days prior & after the cruise in Singapore with our son & his family.

I will no doubt book the cruise sometimes this week, after conversing my son in Singapore, as to any plans they may have in that period.

Would love any advice on the Sapphire Princess itself, what cabin would you choose (oceanview or balcony) Would a balcony be worth it for what I would see on the cruise? or should I just book an oceanview?

Also would appreciate any advice on the ports of call, and which shore excursion, you would recommend, and for what reason?

My wife & I have finally decided not to do the P&O Papua New Guinea cruise, but now fly to Singapore either this year or early 2015 for "Vietnam, Thailand & Malaysia Grand Adventure Cruise" (10 nights round trip from Singapore).

This cruise will also allows us to stay a few days prior & after the cruise in Singapore with our son & his family.

I will no doubt book the cruise sometimes this week, after conversing my son in Singapore, as to any plans they may have in that period.

Would love any advice on the Sapphire Princess itself, what cabin would you choose (oceanview or balcony) Would a balcony be worth it for what I would see on the cruise? or should I just book an oceanview?

Also would appreciate any advice on the ports of call, and which shore excursion, you would recommend, and for what reason?

The Sapphire is a beautiful ship....my current Princess favorite.

I did Bangkok to Beijing several years ago........had a balcony and did use it quite a bit (the Caribbe balconies are bigger and half uncovered/ covered...so they are my favorite

as for the ports: Laem Chambang (?) is about 1 1/2 hours from Bangkok...and traffic can be bad I would do a ships tour.........what would depend on your intrests

Phu My is about 2 1/2 hours from Saigon (Ho Chi Min City) but it a wonderful place. we did a trip called "Saigon on your own" it dropped us off at the Rex hotel...which is really in the middle of the sights of the city. depending on how much walking you are willing to do (the cathedral etc are near by) I have actually been back to Siagon 3 times I loved it so much...

Thank you for the advice given, it all helps. Well, just finished booking & paid a deposit, on Sapphire Princess Cruise (10 nights) out of Singapore, visiting -

Penang, Kuala Lumpur (which I visited a long time ago), then back to Singapore, then to Ko Samui, Bangkok, then Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

As my son lives & works in Singapore, we will be able to stay with him before & after the cruise, so we are really looking forward to this trip.

It departs on the 13th February 2015.