My "Finally getting around to it" Divina Review!

SteelCruisin

Thank you Steelcruisin for your review and photos.

We are on the April 12th sailing for 2 weeks and are looking forward to relaxing family cruise.

One question -we also have a 19 year old son.Will he be able to drink alcohol on board ?

Thanks again.

Karen

Love your photos and commentary! We are going first week of May and very excited! I'm really curious about the drink packages. Was looking at the most expensive one, where just about everything is included (alcohol, soda, coffees, ice cream, etc...) did you over hear any comments about these packages? Also, what was dress code like? We are going on a 7 day cruise.

Love your photos and commentary! We are going first week of May and very excited! I'm really curious about the drink packages. Was looking at the most expensive one, where just about everything is included (alcohol, soda, coffees, ice cream, etc...) did you over hear any comments about these packages? Also, what was dress code like? We are going on a 7 day cruise.

I had the premium package and it included everything include the pastry shop and drinks in your mini bar. It worked perfectly. Dress code, hmm was there a dress code. :) only formal night they recommend more formal dress ONLY at dinner, rest of the ship go with what makes you comfortable. Jeans and shorts can be worn through the night around the ship. Also a nice pair of jeans can be worn at dinner. Just don't come looking like a slob and you will be fine.

We are on the April 12th sailing for 2 weeks and are looking forward to relaxing family cruise.

One question -we also have a 19 year old son.Will he be able to drink alcohol on board ?

Thanks again.

Karen

Karen,

Not sure if your 19 yr.old will be able to drink or not....our 19YO doesn't drink...or at least he doesn't in front of us...lol .... so I am uncertain of the policy. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I agree with Bosjoe, we typically wore shorts and tees during the day and either a pair of slacks or black jeans at night with a collared shirt at night. I didn't overhear anything about the drink packages other than you need to buy one or they will kill you with the prices, which I found to be untrue based on the prices on the menus .

Thanks again.

Karen

Xiang think they operate under US law, so no drinking under 21. Elsewhere it's the usual 18.

Thank you for the quick reply and info! The company we used said no Jeans allowed in dining room...I didn't think that would fly. And I hate to sound like an old record (?) but...re the drink packages. I want to sign up for the premium for me (on vacation, come on!!) but my SO doesn't partake as much. Again, the company and the ship's web site states that everyone in the same room has to purchase the same drink package. Did you find that to be true? Did you sign up ahead of time, or on the ship? I mean we are talking about $400.00

Thank you!

I wore jeans 2 nights in the dining room and no issues, I wore shoes and polo shirts with them. No sneakers. The rules are all people in the cabin need to purchase the drink package. Only possible way around it, if it is allowed is a doctors note saying you can not drink. You would need to contact the cruise lines to verify that. Most cruise lines make all parties purchase the package. A few don't such as Celebrity.

Hi,

I have a question, do you have to activate credit card for expenses on board or as they do in RCL you have an amount to spend before the account is blocked

I really don't know as we always just put our acct. on a credit card, on a side note , MSC did give us a copy of our invoice a couple of days before the end of our cruise which we liked in case there were any surprises which there wasn't....still a nice touch.

I am so looking forward to sailing March 22...we were able to purchase an aft balcony cabin for the same cost of inside cabin, my sister and I are celebrating our B-Days and neither of us have had a truly aft facing balcony cabin. We are looking forward to this cruise! Thanks much for this great review

There was no mention of what you can wear at dinner. Can we not wear suits or tux. at dinner? If we had to, that would keep me from going on this cruise line.

Either is acceptable dress for formal nights/Gala night. Hubby doesn't take tux for the Caribbean cruises. The rest on the nights smart casual is acceptable.

Thanks for the wonderful review I am 61 travelling with my mom 91 & her eyesight is going. I am trying to give her some beautiful things to see while she is able. She loves to sail and this is the 3rd I will be taking her on / The Divina Mar 22. She is a late riser and loves the shows I am thinking early dining. I have cut/pasted your comments on the shows 1st night etc If we took early dining we should be able to make the early show is this correct, next she loves to smoke (I don't but can live with it) suggestions. We also would like to sit in some quiet areas. She is able to walk short distance but I have a light wheel chair for the long distances - can you recommend any excursions itinerary being Falmouth, jamica cayman islands, cozumel, great stirrup cay . any advice on all the above is welcome and I believe I am saying a big thanks on behalf of all of us on a review *very well done*

Thanks for the wonderful review I am 61 travelling with my mom 91 & her eyesight is going. I am trying to give her some beautiful things to see while she is able. She loves to sail and this is the 3rd I will be taking her on / The Divina Mar 22. She is a late riser and loves the shows I am thinking early dining. I have cut/pasted your comments on the shows 1st night etc If we took early dining we should be able to make the early show is this correct, next she loves to smoke (I don't but can live with it) suggestions. We also would like to sit in some quiet areas. She is able to walk short distance but I have a light wheel chair for the long distances - can you recommend any excursions itinerary being Falmouth, jamica cayman islands, cozumel, great stirrup cay . any advice on all the above is welcome and I believe I am saying a big thanks on behalf of all of us on a review *very well done*

I believe your mom can smoke on the port side of the ship on the pool deck as well as in the cigar lounge, there are plenty of quiet areas to sit but I think the only sit and smoke area that looked quiet would be the cigar lounge. Hope this helps....have a gr8 cruise!