QM2 - May 16,2014 first time Cunard

gmbatt1971

If you are an independent "do-it-yourselfer"...

Off the ship in Southampton--into a taxi (just outside the terminal) to Southampton train depot---London train takes you to Waterloo Station (not Kings Cross)---Then, take a taxi on to your destination.

Easy! ….As long as you can manage your luggage independently (wheeling through train stations and, perhaps, lifting a couple steps onto the train). This isn't a suggestion for someone with numerous suitcases, several hand-carries, etc…

Taxi from dock to train station is about 8-10 pounds, depending which terminal is used. One of the terminals is a greater distance from the train depot than the other.

You can check train fare on Brit-rail website. We remember the cost as reasonable.

Hope this helps.

Have a wonderful voyage!

Another posibility is to use the Cunard Coach transfer. They will handle your luggage from the pier to Victoria Coach Station in London. From there you would need to take a taxi to King's Cross St. Pancras Station.

We used the coach service from London to Southampton on a previous trip and were quite satisfied with the service. However, we will be taking the train to Waterloo after this crossing since our London hotel is close to that station.

Be sure to check out the Roll Call (QM2 M405A EB TA 16 May 2014) for this crossing.

Bob

We always use smithsforairports.com They oick us up at 10am at the pier, and take us to our hotel in London (and vice-versa)...or to St. Pancras for the EuroStar Chunnel train. Always prompt (you exchange mobile numbers with driver), courteous and helpful. We no longer consider any other way....Cheers.:cool:

Sorry...don't understand why font & size of signature has gone haywire...It won't let me correct it...:confused::mad::(

vtbobby, I'm not seeing anything other than your usual signature.

(Happy New Year, and I hope your friends in Breezy are doing well.)

Edited by Salacia

Another posibility is to use the Cunard Coach transfer. They will handle your luggage from the pier to Victoria Coach Station in London. From there you would need to take a taxi to King's Cross St. Pancras Station.

Bob

Cunard also offer a coach transfer to St. Pancras Station. For this crossing the cost is $40 pp. if booked in advance. From my experience the transfer cost is higher if booked on board. I've seen it listed as much as $80. We can also recommend Smiths for Airports, as others have. We have used the coach transfer and Smiths several times and have always been pleased with the transfer no matter which we used.

Cunard also offer a coach transfer to St. Pancras Station. For this crossing the cost is $40 pp. if booked in advance. From my experience the transfer cost is higher if booked on board. I've seen it listed as much as $80. We can also recommend Smiths for Airports, as others have. We have used the coach transfer and Smiths several times and have always been pleased with the transfer no matter which we used.
That's good to know for future reference.

vtbobby, I'm not seeing anything other than your usual signature.

(Happy New Year, and I hope your friends in Breezy are doing well.)

Thank you Salacia...when I posted, the font changed, and size went from 1 to 10 on Sig, on my screen!:eek: I thought of all the posts on other threads being changed...I suspect Google Chrome on the laptop I was using...or possibly the dsl connection outside, since it was minus 12 degrees F here last night.

Thank you for thinking of Breezy Point...our old home (12 Reid Ave RP) was spared by Sandy and the fire...and old friends also.

Happy New Year to you...one QM2 crossing on tap this year so far...:cool:

Cheers, Bob