Glory New Dining Question

Yingus

I was on the first cruise with the new menu. I did enjoy the food in the MDR. I usually know what I want to order before I even get on the ship. It was strange for me going on a cruise and not have everything preplanned. I went into it very open minded and was just as happy with my dinner as any other cruise. There was some of the past foods and some new. You can say that there are some old favorites you miss, but I did not fixate on what was missing, but on what was new. I think it will only get better as Carnival learns from experience. Enjoy your cruise.

I loved the glory! I loved the food and the waiters! Pretty much all the ships have the same menu. It really depends on the chef. The staff change ships all the time so it doesn't really matter what ship you go on. The dining room on the glory was pretty!!!

I was on the first cruise with the new menu. I did enjoy the food in the MDR. I usually know what I want to order before I even get on the ship. It was strange for me going on a cruise and not have everything preplanned. I went into it very open minded and was just as happy with my dinner as any other cruise. There was some of the past foods and some new. You can say that there are some old favorites you miss, but I did not fixate on what was missing, but on what was new. I think it will only get better as Carnival learns from experience. Enjoy your cruise.

Love this review and your outlook! Can't wait till May for the Glory.

I loved the glory! I loved the food and the waiters! Pretty much all the ships have the same menu. It really depends on the chef. The staff change ships all the time so it doesn't really matter what ship you go on. The dining room on the glory was pretty!!!

Glory has a different menu than the other ships. It's a test thing with no tablecloths on the tables on casual nights.

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

Looking at booking on the Glory ... does anyone know if the dinning is any better? Haven't heard any good reviews on it. thanks

Have you heard a review from anyone who actually sailed on the ship/sampled the food? There are an abundance of people trashing things they've never tried when it comes to the new menus/dining room.

I sailed on the Glory 12/22 and it was my tenth Carnival cruise. I personally was grateful to not know exactly what would be on the menu every night. That being said, I didn't feel like the selections were all that different and was very happy with all my meals. I liked being able to refill my own water but barely had to as all the servers usually got to it first. I loved the pie ala mode dessert and had it every night. I was also not bothered in the slightest by the tablecloth situation. We really paid attention on casual vs formal nights and there was honestly no difference in the noise level. It was rather nice to have a different 'vibe' in the dining room between the two nights. Basically the dining was enjoyable and had no negative impact on the cruise at all.

I was on the 12/8 sailing, which was the first week on new menus.

My real issue was with the time the dinner service took the first few days. This was a new process for everyone and it had its challenges. However, I thought the menus were fine and the food was better than on my September cruise. The tablecloths were a nonissue.

I'm sure now that they have had a few sailings, the kinks have been worked out.

Enjoy the new food. Try the s'mores parfait for dessert . :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by BigRed93