Passport required for Bahamas?

AmandaEnzo

When I booked the trip, they said license and birth certificate are fine for hubby and I and kids were fine with birth certificate only.

I'm getting nervous because they have told me two things that are different from what I'm being told on this forum... :confused:

When I booked the trip, they said license and birth certificate are fine for hubby and I and kids were fine with birth certificate only.

I'm getting nervous because they have told me two things that are different from what I'm being told on this forum... :confused:

on a closed loop cruise, no! If you were flying to the Bahamas from the states yes.

Bill

Adults are also suppose to have a state/govt issued photo id along with proof of citizenship. So a BC and DL are good together or a passport. I would get yourself a DL or state issued ID card before the cruise.

Adults are also suppose to have a state/govt issued photo id along with proof of citizenship. So a BC and DL are good together or a passport. I would get yourself a DL or state issued ID card before the cruise.

Imissed the part about only the husband needing a govt issued ID. You are quite right. If any of the juds are 16 and over the need a govt photo ID as well.

Bill

The down fall to traveling without passports is somethimg happens on your trip and you have to miss the ship.....you cant fly home without a passport.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Maybe we will just have to live in the Bahamas then!!! :D

We had to show a govt issued ID to get back in the port area at grand cayman and also our sail and sign card. We also always take our passports when we get off the ship. If you get left behind it will be easier to get to the next port or back in the states. You need a passport to fly back to the states. Get one and carry it with you while you are in a foreign country.

When we came back to the ship from the Bahamas (both ports...both times...) there was pretty intense scrutiny of our S & S cards compared to our passports. (So I guess they would have looked at DLs for those traveling without passports.) I was surprised how focused they were on our picture ids and our faces and S & S cards. They checked both of our younger boys' passports, too.

Edited by momof4boys

When we came back to the ship from the Bahamas (both ports...both times...) there was pretty intense scrutiny of our S & S cards compared to our passports. (So I guess they would have looked at DLs for those traveling without passports.) I was surprised how focused they were on our picture ids and our faces and S & S cards. They checked both of our younger boys' passports, too.

This is what happened to us as well, hence my initial post. Since we will be doing a lot of swimming next time we're in the Bahamas, I was concerned about leaving my beach bag with passports unattended on the beach. Don't really feel comfortable with swimming with passports in a waterproof pouch either.... What a silly problem to have, right?