Beaches

Soon2Bmtnest

Hi!

The travel channel just had a show this past Wednesday with the top ten Hawaii beaches. I am sure if you go to travelchannel.com you can get the locations and what they offer. They talked about Honaunau Bay, Kanonapali Beach, Kauna'oa Beach, Lahaina Beach, Hookipa Beach, Punalu'u Black Sand Beach, North shore (Oauhu) and Lanikai. (Pardon my spellings but I was trying to write as they talked).

Enjoy your planning!

(Beachchick here)

Our favorites include Kailua and Lanikai (Oahu); Poipu and Tunnels (Kauai); north part of Ka'anapali, Kapalua, Airport (it's got another name), Slaughterhouse, and Honolua bay (not a beach, but a marine preserve) (Maui); Kahalu'u and Honaunau (BI). I've included only ones that are pretty easy to find and get to. There are many other good ones (such as Punalu'u) that are on our "to relax there" list, but we don't like to spend our beach days rushing around and pick one or two. I'm sure the locals on the board here will be happy to help with those. There are also many that we've stopped by on our travel around days (such as road to Hana) where we didn't stay long.

(I don't know what the Travel Channel was thinking putting "Lahaina beach" on a top ten list. Neither Baby beach nor the beach south of the harbor are anywhere near the best beaches anywhere, IMO.)

I recommend you check into the "Revealed" books on each island. They contain a wealth of knowledge and are helpful even for seasoned Hawaii visitors.

beachchick

Archived