lobster question for the Royal----

Jetswdo

OK, I think that I will just have it in main dining room since the concensus is that it is ok there (and no extra charge)----

Maybe I will pay $10.00 for the Royal lobster dish, since it is just $10.00 and worth trying. At Sabatinia and Crown Grill I won't bother.

Thanks for helping me decide! Anita

Let me say that probably every area in the world has their own special foods that are the envy of many. In Portland Maine, that specialty is lobster. Right now hard shell lobster is going for about 8.00 a pound.In summer this price drops to 4.00 a pound.

The thing about lobster is not to over cook it. The traditional way to prepare it is to bring about 3 inches of water to a boil, drop the lobsters in the pot head first (humane handling) and cover the pot. 20 min later and they are done. Serve immediately with melted butter. That's it. Pure heaven!

Most ships serve frozen lobster tails (some from Maine and others from????) that are often over cooked and sit for a while before being served. They try, but it's nothing like the real thing. This is changing. Celebrity ships load fresh lobster on board when they dock in Portland as do a few other upscale lines. This is a boost to our economy and a win win for everyone.

The point I am trying to make is that the lobster you will eat on Princess and most other mid priced lines is not great so don't get all excited and pay high prices for it. Save your money and come visit Maine.;)

You are so right. I use to work the lobster boats as a teen-ager. My uncle owned a boat and we worked out of the Pine River in Lynn/Saugus Mass area. From what I can tell of the photos looks like they are purchasing tails and knuckles (already shelled lobster from the claws), which can easily be flashed frozen. Bay State Lobster and several other in New England area sell Lobster Knuckles in bulk, lowering the price even lower than market value..... Lobster is best served fresh off pier, and cooked quickly.....with drawn butter on the side. :D