Adastra Gardens or ship day?

avgsuperheroine

We're going with our three boys in february (9, 8, 6). My youngest LOVES birds, so Adastra sounds really cool for them.

We've never paid for an excursion and the only reason I'm considering it is because Disney's offers a city tour as a part of the excursion and I'm not sure how safe I'd feel with all three boys walking through Nassau. We went there as a couple and it was not too bad.

I've also heard great things about staying on the ship, but it seems silly not to go on land for a little while since they've never been before.

If your kids love birds then I think it's worth it. They'll really get to interact with the animals. They have a feeding cage where they give you slices of fruit and the birds land on you and eat right off your hands. The flamingos are loose and you can just walk right up to them and take all the pictures you want. You don't have to wait for the show. The "tour" of the city is ok. It seems like the driver just wings it really. Ours just drove past everything pretty quickly giving a quick description. Honestly though there isn't much to see. It's all pretty plain/boring and broken down. Our driver also made a stop at a Fort on our way back to the boat and we got to get off and take some pictures. That was pretty much it. On our next trip we just plan on walking down the main street for a little while and then heading back to enjoy the empty boat. The main street with all the stores was packed with tourists walking around so it seems safe enough.

We took my daughter and nieces to Ardastra Gardens last time we were in Nassau, but did it on our own without the expense of a ship excursion. We just took the jitney bus (I think it's the #10) to the Ardastra stop for a total of about $5, then walked a short distance to the entrance gates. We practically had the place to ourselves, as the tour groups had come by early in the day and then left to keep their schedule.

We wandered around without any time crunch, fed the lorikeets (free, but we tipped the trainer) participated in the matching flamingos show, fed the goats at the petting zoo, and took plenty of pictures. We took a cab back to the ship when we were done (we stayed until closing.) I want to say the cab ride for the 5 of us was something like $15.

At the time, my daughter was 5 and my nieces were 8 and 11. They had a GREAT time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We took my daughter and nieces to Ardastra Gardens last time we were in Nassau, but did it on our own without the expense of a ship excursion. We just took the jitney bus (I think it's the #10) to the Ardastra stop for a total of about $5, then walked a short distance to the entrance gates. We practically had the place to ourselves, as the tour groups had come by early in the day and then left to keep their schedule.

We wandered around without any time crunch, fed the lorikeets (free, but we tipped the trainer) participated in the marching flamingos show, fed the goats at the petting zoo, and took plenty of pictures. We took a cab back to the ship when we were done (we stayed until closing.) I want to say the cab ride for the 5 of us was something like $15.

At the time, my daughter was 5 and my nieces were 8 and 11. They had a GREAT time!