1st post - kid's club

We've been on two RCI cruises, but this is the first time with kiddos (ages 4 & 6). I'm curious as to whether we need to pre-register the kids for the kid's club activities. Can I make a reservation prior to boarding or as soon as we board? TIA!

We took our 4 y/o GD on our last RCCL cruise (and her parents!). We signed her up the evening of the day we boarded in the youth center. They recorded her name, cabin and parent(s)/grandparents names. Only those adults registered at the time can sign her in or out. Activities start on the next day. One nice touch was that we could leave her on the ship in the center while we went on a shore excursion that she was too young to attend. She absolutely loved it and several times on sea days, wanted to go there instead of staying with the adults in the pool area.

No need to pre-register before getting on the ship.

On our transatlantic, our eldest had just turned 7 and our youngest turned 4 during the cruise. Our youngest has separation anxiety, so although he enjoyed Adventure Ocean, he ended up not going much (if he and his brother had been in the same group, he'd have been much happier). Our oldest really got into it, and even started asking to go to the evening events!

For daytime activities, it is a drop-in, but for some evening activities (especially meeting at the MDR, for instance), they do ask for advanced notice. Otherwise, I just went on embarkation day and filled out the paperwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse wacky auto-correct-induced typos.