Fort Lauderdale - Crowne Plaza

miss

Has anyone stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Fort Lauderdale - pre or post cruise? I am just wondering about how it is and if their are sidewalks to allow for getting around. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza State Road 84 near Port Everglades a number of times.

We really like this hotel and will stay here again in the future.

There are side walks, but really not much to do or see except 2 restaurants within walking distance.

We always have a rental car, so that makes life easier.

I mean the one near the airport/cruise port. I am wanting to walk to the Harbor Shops, the water taxi and maybe a seafood restaurant near 17th Street. My husband and I are walkers but we like to be able to use sidewalks. Thanks for any help I can get.

There are 2 Crowne Plaza hotels...one near the airport and one by the beach. Which are you asking about?

There is only one Crowne Plaza Hotel in Fort Lauderdale and it's by the airport. You must be thinking of the Crowne Plaza in Hollywood on the beach.

I mean the one near the airport/cruise port. I am wanting to walk to the Harbor Shops, the water taxi and maybe a seafood restaurant near 17th Street. My husband and I are walkers but we like to be able to use sidewalks. Thanks for any help I can get.

Yes, there are sidewalks. It's a commercial-suburban neighborhood with sidewalks and traffic lights with crosswalks. It's under a mile to Harbor Shops and under 2 miles to Water Taxi.

I put a bid on a hotel and ended up with this one. I have heard that there is not much near here. :( We would like to have a fun decent meal (not too fancy). Are we best to get a taxi? As far as to the port, how much is the shuttle and are we better to just get a cab.

I put a bid on a hotel and ended up with this one. I have heard that there is not much near here. :( We would like to have a fun decent meal (not too fancy). Are we best to get a taxi? As far as to the port, how much is the shuttle and are we better to just get a cab.

You can walk to Anthony's or you can have a good meal at their in-house restaurant (Kiki's). Not expensive and the food is good.

Shuttle is $8 p.p., so you're better off getting a taxi if it's just the 2 of you (about $10).

I really like the Crowne Plaza.

Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza is right around the corner and the food is delicious.. We stayed here a year or so ago and have chosen to stay here again just so that we can revisit Anthony's. We have also eaten in Kiki's but I was not overly impressed...food was good but nothing spectacular.