MSC Opera

hammerbees

Hi All. Looking for some feedback from anyone travelled on Opera. This is our 1st cruise with MSC, and there never appears to be many comments left with regards to this ship.. would be great to hear from anyone having sailed on her. We travel in September 14 around Spain and Portugal. Many thanks.;)

We were lucky enough to be on the wonderful Opera on 23rd Oct 2013 from Genoa to Cape Town.

We loved the ship so much - she is a classy medium sized ship - nice decor and furnishings. The very best thing about Opera is that she is a friendly ship. The staff are all EXCELLENT - we have never had such good service on a cruise. There is great teamwork among them all - the friendliness rubs off on everyone.

Food was good - especially the pasta dishes - I couldnt get enough of them!

You will love your cruise! Make sure you buy the Allegrissimo - it really is an absolute bargain - it includes delicious ice cream and fresh squeezed orange.

I have just returned from Queen Elizabeth today - a horrid experience and it cost us 3 times the amount of our fantastic Opera cruise!!

Caryl

Hi All. Looking for some feedback from anyone travelled on Opera. This is our 1st cruise with MSC, and there never appears to be many comments left with regards to this ship.. would be great to hear from anyone having sailed on her. We travel in September 14 around Spain and Portugal. Many thanks.;)

I went on her for a 10 day cruise from Southampton to Lisbon,

Her is a link to my review on another forum

It's quite comprehensive and contains many photos

Link --------------- http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=6463

And here are a few of the comments I've received about it

Thanks very much for a really comprehensive review

A very thorough review. Thank you

Really good and interesting report.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

What would like to know about her? I've done 7 sailings on her totalling 75 nights so I'm very familiar with her. She's a beautiful mid sized ship (small problem compared to the recent trend for behemoths!). I'd not hesitate to sail on her or any Lirica class ship again.

We haven't cruised on opera but did a taster day last year whilst docked at Southampton. Very smart, we had a fab 8 course lunch (the food was lovely, very Italian and yummy) and looked round all the cabins. Whilst we are cruising on Divina,I actually think I would prefer to sail in a ship opera's size and we may consider a med cruise next year. Hope you have a lovely time