Holiday and Hurricane Emily

Sue9

Hi,

Does anyone know how the Holiday is faring. I believe it should have been in Cozumel today. I have a son working on board. I trust all are safe.

Thanks

Sue:eek:

Sue,

The Holiday was in Cozumel this morning. The cam is down so I don't know if she has sailed. http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Webcam

I wouldn't worry. They should leave well ahead of the storm. Sometimes the Holiday's location can be found at the link below. The last location was a week ago.

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/cruiseships.phtml

A HURRICANE WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE EASTERN AND NORTHERN

COASTS OF THE YUCATAN PENINSULA FROM CHETUMAL TO PROGRESO...

INCLUDING COZUMEL AND THE ISLAS MUJERES. A HURRICANE WATCH MEANS THAT HURRICANE CONDITIONS ARE POSSIBLE WITHIN THE WATCH AREA WITHIN THE NEXT 36 HOURS. EMILY IS MOVING TOWARD THE WEST-NORTHWEST NEAR 18 MPH... 30 KM/HR...AND THIS GENERAL MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS. ON THIS TRACK... THE CENTER OF EMILY WILL BE MOVING AWAY FROM JAMAICA TONIGHT AND WILL BE NEAR GRAND CAYMAN TONIGHT AND SUNDAY MORNING. HURRICANE FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 60 MILES... 95 KM... FROM THE CENTER... AND TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 150 MILES... 240 KM. RAINS WILL BE INCREASING OVER PORTIONS OF THE YUCATAN

PENINSULA ON SUNDAY WITH STORM TOTAL AMOUNTS OF 4 TO 8 INCHES

POSSIBLE......I think your son will be fine and Long away from Coz by the time Emily would get there.....Our prays will be with him anyway.

Archived