New to Disney...which ship?

pcl_cruiser

Dream would be my last choice.

Magic--newly refurbished in fall dry dock, 2500-2700 at capacity.

Wonder--sister ship to Magic, no huge dry dock yet. Same size.

We LIKE the smaller, more friendly atmosphere of the classic ships.

Fantasy--4000 capacity. A few modifications after issues were found on the Dream. Does 7 night cruises.

Dream-4000. Does short (3/4 night) cruises.

Dream and Fantasy are high tech wonders...but lack the amazing atmosphere of the Magic.

In general--longer cruises are better than shorter.

Fantasy, 7 nights, new, almost completely spotless and flawless, hi-tech, best clubs/bars in the fleet, better itinerary than Dream, best adult only areas, etc., etc.

Crowds are dispersed well except after shows, during Pirate Night, Sailaway, Muster release. Pools a joke(crowed) on sea days but what ship isn't. Swim early or late.

JMO ;)

Don't be afraid to test the waters with a short one. We tack on a day or two at WDW and our only DCL was a 3 day on the Dream and it blew our minds! We have another 4 day on the 'new' Magic in four months along with 3-4 land days (couldn't get the BIL to book a 7 but I'll take what I can get!)

Bottom line: ANY DCL is good, whatever or however longer you can cruise.

It is my dream to get on the Fantasy though!

Ok I just did it...I booked one on the Dream...I am excited but nervous! Now gotta get airfare.

Congrats! Dream would be my first choice. Just to show you opinions differ. :D I prefer larger ships with all the bells and whistles, so Dream or Fantasy. I also prefer shorter cruises on Disney, so Dream over Fantasy for me. (Though DH talked me into a B2B on Dream this summer, which will total 7 nights - it was actually much cheaper than a 7-night on Fantasy that same week, and we're able to stay concierge for the second part of it.)

Personally any Cruise less than 7 Days is a waste (The first day you are getting settled and the last day you are getting off the ship)

Some feel that way, and others don't. One of our Disney cruises was a 4-day cruise, and while we would have liked it to have been longer, it was all we could afford at that time. It was either no cruise or a 4-day cruise. We had a fantastic time on our mini-cruise.

Congrats on booking the Dream! I've been in all 4 Disney ships and like them all. I love Pink, the champagne bar. And the Rainforest on Dream (that's a controlled access area of the spa with hot tubs, heated loungers, saunas).

Have a great time and don't be afraid to ask questions here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk