Carnival Breeze 04/20/14

juszwife

My husband would like to know what people think of the cove balcony? He's worried about hearing the engine and feeling the turns of the ship. We've sailed repeatedly but this will be our first balcony. Do we go for a cove or opt for a regular balcony higher on the ship? Also anyone else going on this sailing.

COVE! COVE! GET THE COVE! One word of advice though: pick a room between forward of the midship elevators. The coves that are aft of the midship elevators are underneath the galley/kitchen, and there could be noise from above all hours of the night. Underneath the forward dining room would be the most perfect spot, as it is carpeted and completely empty all night. The only possible problems with coves are the slight possibility that they might lock you out of the balcony if the waves get really really rough, plus very few get much sun. I don't see a balcony as a spot to work on my tan, so I was happy to not have sun there.

In our cove under the dining room, I didn't hear the engine nor did I feel any turns of the ship. In porthole rooms at the very front, I would hear some ship noises, but not in the cove. I've never felt the ship turning, but in rough waters, the higher rooms will feel more motion than the lower ones. Your husband's concerns are not a concern for coves. I've only done a balcony 3 times: once way up high, once in the middle in a huge suite, and once in the cove. The cove wins out over all, including the suite. Being so close to the water is amazing! We didn't see any fish or dolphins, but it is possible. I like that the cove is actually cut out of the hull of the ship. And those higher up balconies don't look down on the water like the coves do. Higher balconies look down on the deck 5 lanai (public walkway) which sticks out from the ship. And worse, people on that deck look up onto your balcony, which is especially bad if you are on deck 6 or 7. No privacy there:

0116.jpg

Here's a look off the cove balcony:

P1080502_zps2e12d462.jpg

• 2 months later...

Cove balcony on this class of ship is the only way to go in my opinion was just in cabin 2275 on 3/9. 2275 is located directly under guest services and heard no noise from above. And I can't say enough about Aris the room steward top notch!

Sent from my iPhone using yet another app I can't figure out

We had a cove balcony on last year's Breeze cruise. We would've done another for this year's cruise but DH & DS wanted to try something different so we'll be in a Lido Balcony. However, I wouldn't hesitate to get a cove balcony again. Loved it!

My husband would like to know what people think of the cove balcony? He's worried about hearing the engine and feeling the turns of the ship. We've sailed repeatedly but this will be our first balcony. Do we go for a cove or opt for a regular balcony higher on the ship? Also anyone else going on this sailing.

We found a cove didn't get enough sun for our liking and it was always wet from the ocean up-spray. Some people love them though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the Breeze in a cove last November.... Loved it. The only issue was people next to smoked on their balcony what seemed to be all day and we are non smokers. There wasn't a lot of sun but we were gone a lot during the day. We are sailing on Sunshine 4/4/15 and were sad when it didn't have coves.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Although we have not had a Cove balcony during 17 Carnival cruises, we are going to have one for the 18th. I have been in them, however, and they looked alright to me. The nice part is that they are even cheaper in price than the upper balconies which we normally choose. I do have some concerns about the steel door closing during rough waters but if the waves are that tall you would feel it though most of the ship any way. There is less sun light on the Cove balcony and cabin but some times that can be a plus. You can see the bottoms of the life boats from the Cove as you looked up but it did not spoil the view as far as I was concerned. So COVE, here we come.