Christmas Cruise...Should We?

michigyrl

I just booked yesterday for our Christmas cruise, too! I went back and forth and decided that this would be our Christmas in lieu of gifts! We are not telling the kids - we're sailing on a 12/21 sailing - so we're going to somehow surprise them by maybe wrapping up little gifts that give hints, like sunscreen, or shore excursions, etc and let them open them up on the 19th and tell them to start packing!

I do have a question since there are so many of you that have done this over Christmas. Are shore excursions affected on Christmas Eve/Day? We are in Cozumel on Christmas Eve and in Grand Cayman on Christmas Day. Will the excursions be operating as usual, or will we have to adjust our plans? We want to do Amazing Cozumel Race and Stingray City.

There were lots of excursions from Carnival to book from, just make sure you do it early as they seemed to book up. In the ports pretty much everything was closed Christmas day. We were in Curacao. In Aruba the next day most shops closed at 2:00. Enjoy!!

We just did the Breeze for Christmas 2013 and have booked New Years on the Breeze this year. Only 339 days to go!! LOL

You'll be getting on as we're leaving---and that will be me you see kicking and screaming the whole way off! :D