Christmas cruise to Hawaii - lots of children?

OttawaCA

I doubt there will be as many as a 7 day voyage, but there will be some. If you call Princess with your booking number they can tell you how many kids will be on board. If you get a rep that says they can't do that, tell them that they can. :) That said, not as many families as couples book that far out so you'd get a much better idea of who will be on board a month or two before you sail.

We are booked on the Star Princess, 19 Dec 2014 (15 days) to Hawaii.

I was wondering if anyone who has taken a similar cruise can tell me if there were a lot of cildren on their cruise?

Yes, we took this cruise ( Golden, December 2010/January 2011). There were lots of children on board, many multi generational families as a matter of fact. It was very pleasant, lots to do, lots of activities for all ages.

Edited by GeezLouise1

Our last three cruises have been the Hawaiian holiday sailing on Princess. It's the only time we can go on the Hawaiian cruise because all the other sailings fall while our daughter is in school. Yes, there will be a good number of schooled aged kids for the same reason. And all the holiday activities add to the fun.

We have taken the Hawaii cruise three times, including twice during Christmas. Yes, there will be lots of children onboard. The first time we went on the trip there were over 900 children on the ship. The second time there were only about 850. Our two kids had a ball during both trips and still keep in contact with many of the other kids.

If you are looking for a cruise where there will be lots of other kids to hang out with your kids, you are in luck. If you are looking for a cruise to avoid children look at a different sailing.

Great trip though. Love those sea days.

We are booked on the Star Princess, 19 Dec 2014 (15 days) to Hawaii.

I was wondering if anyone who has taken a similar cruise can tell me if there were a lot of cildren on their cruise?

When you get closer call Princess and ask.

They will tell you exact numbers.

I just got off the Grand 15-day to Hawaii from SF. Princess said there were 360 passengers between the ages of 4 and 17. One passenger said in 2009, there were over 600 on the same Holiday cruise.

On board, it did feel as though there were far fewer kids on this cruise than we had expected.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

We were on the hawaii christmas cruise last year.

Saw just a few little ones and maybe 20 or so teenagers. Someone here mentioned 850 or 900 on their cruise. Yeow. I'm sure there were more than I saw, but they must have been well behaved and/or quiet. The teenagers i saw were well behaved, but ran in a pack so they were noticeable.

Done this twice and there are a lot of kids. I brought two each time. Never saw any problems but if you are not a kid person then this is not a sailing for you. Lots of kids in pools and hot tubs.

Kids are kids. I enjoy them, but not all do.

Yes, we took this cruise ( Golden, December 2010/January 2011). There were lots of children on board, many multi generational families as a matter of fact. It was very pleasant, lots to do, lots of activities for all ages.

Just off the Star last Saturday after the Hawaii voyage over Christmas/New Year. In general the younger set was well behaved, and the ship had plenty of activities to keep them engaged. It was nice to see the youngsters get into the Christmas spirit. The teens were also overall well behaved, so no complaints.

We did encounter an interesting "phenomenon" I attribute to people in the public eye getting caught behaving badly. As we were waiting for the outside aft elevator to get up to Skywalkers a carload of older teens came off laughing heartily. One was just finishing pushing every floor button, and I stopped him to ask why he did that, and that he was really acting childishly. He was taken aback, gathered his thoughts and delivered the time worn reply "Oh, I'm sorry.". Looking him in the eye I said that lying on top of his infantile actions was boorish and to man up, that he couldn't be sorry. I was not surprised since people in the public eye always apologize when they are caught, as if its a sincere thought. I'm sorry to see this little piece of life's fabric also being torn and ripped apart.

My husband and I took the cruise to Hawaii and back in 2012. There were at least 700 children on board. This was the first cruise I had ever been on where there was food on the floor in the hall. There were clusters of tweens hanging out by the elevators on many floors. They played tag all over. Some elderly were knocked down. Our door decorations were stolen. The older tweens were making out. The weather was not warm enough to use the outdoor pools the first few days and last days so the children took over the pool and hot tubs at the covered pool. They took up the whole dance floor on New Years eve. it was a very loud cruise.

This year we took the 31 day South America. The number of children was far less but on the colder days you could not get near the pool. The dance floor was again dominated by the older children. They were not chasing each other around or throwing food. I didn't hear about any decor thefts.

If you are bringing children, Hawaii should be a lot of fun. I found the amount of children on the Hawaii cruise to be too many and will not take it again.

Children were running and jumping into the pool. The crew never stepped in and told them to stop. There were also children in the bars at night. Who takes their kids to that venue. there were kids in the bar during the marriage game and the crew as well as others were very uncomfortable.The cruise people asked if the parents wanted the kids to hear this stuff and the parents said ok and the game went on.

Ps

I don't dislike children I have 4 children and lots of grandchildren. The little kids are watched and the young adults know how to behave. The tweens are the most disruptive. too old for a sitter but to young to behave.

My husband and I took the cruise to Hawaii and back in 2012. There were at least 700 children on board. This was the first cruise I had ever been on where there was food on the floor in the hall. There were clusters of tweens hanging out by the elevators on many floors. They played tag all over. Some elderly were knocked down. Our door decorations were stolen. The older tweens were making out. The weather was not warm enough to use the outdoor pools the first few days and last days so the children took over the pool and hot tubs at the covered pool. They took up the whole dance floor on New Years eve. it was a very loud cruise.

Children were running and jumping into the pool. The crew never stepped in and told them to stop. There were also children in the bars at night.

I was on the Golden Hawaii Christmas 2012 cruise, and didn't see ANY of this. See my post from earlier. We did see the covered pool and hot tub being over run with kids but they were NOT unruly...and I'm NOT really a kid person. On the Golden there was an adult pool and hot tub, and that is where we swam. But most of the time we hung out near the covered pool, watched people and read [even though we had a quiet balcony to read on], so it couldn't have been too bad.

I just got off the Grand 15-day to Hawaii from SF. Princess said there were 360 passengers between the ages of 4 and 17. One passenger said in 2009, there were over 600 on the same Holiday cruise.

On board, it did feel as though there were far fewer kids on this cruise than we had expected.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

We were on the same cruise. I was surprised by how many 20-somethings were on board.

The One5 nightclub was packed every night. We met friends with various-aged children onboard with them in the late teens and early 20s. There were several cliques and groups of like-aged young people that formed. For the mid-teens, there was a group of about 10-15 young people that would hang out all morning near the coffee bar in the piazza. There were also younger teens and pre-teens that would gather in various stairwells and were always having a good time...often at the expense of older passengers. For example, they would push all of the elevator buttons on the Grand's Forward/Aft lifts and then run away. They also would run up and down the stairs pushing both the up/down call buttons for every floor. For an already frustrating elevator service, these actions didn't exactly sit well with other passengers. :)

Having already taken two Princess cruises to Hawaii before (both on the Golden) I was absolutely shocked and pleased to see the diversity in passenger ages on the Grand Princess Christmas Cruise from SF. Although the nightclub was a very exciting place every evening, it was also with its fair share of drama. A completely different Hawaiian cruise experience for us then on previous voyages.