PCCs and booking

BurtonRiderT6

I'm curious as to know if PCCs get a commission when I book through them. I have a cruise I want to book but being it's 7am here and his phone number is an Arizona area code. I believe its 5am there and doubt he's working yet. I have two rooms to book and want to get them since they're side by side at the price we want. I'll probably just wait until noon today since the cruise is in Feb 2015 I doubt someone will grab the two exact cabins I want.

I'm just curious as to what advantages there are to having one PCC compared to another, if any. I also want to make sure if they do get commission that he gets it because he's the first one to actually help me out on my last cruise, got me an upgrade and then called me a week prior and asked if there were any questions I had and if I was ready.

No, they do not. In general PCCs are completely fine even with you moving the reservation to TAs and hence NCL having to pay the TA the commission. Also I've also booked cabins originally online and later managed the bookings through the PCC, no problem.

No, they do not. In general PCCs are completely fine even with you moving the reservation to TAs and hence NCL having to pay the TA the commission. Also I've also booked cabins originally online and later managed the bookings through the PCC, no problem.

Ive booked cabins online and then told my PCC about it when I had questions. She wasnt all that happy because I got assigned to someone else and she had to go into the system and get me reassigned to her. I find the PCCs useful because they have all my past cruise info and preferences. She occasionaly will call me up with price drops or upgrades.

I'm curious as to know if PCCs get a commission when I book through them. I have a cruise I want to book but being it's 7am here and his phone number is an Arizona area code. I believe its 5am there and doubt he's working yet. I have two rooms to book and want to get them since they're side by side at the price we want. I'll probably just wait until noon today since the cruise is in Feb 2015 I doubt someone will grab the two exact cabins I want.

I'm just curious as to what advantages there are to having one PCC compared to another, if any. I also want to make sure if they do get commission that he gets it because he's the first one to actually help me out on my last cruise, got me an upgrade and then called me a week prior and asked if there were any questions I had and if I was ready.

They don't, but the commisson is automatically built into the fares (which isn't fair at all). Where does that money go??

They don't, but the commisson is automatically built into the fares (which isn't fair at all). Where does that money go??

To pay the fixed salaries of customer service people. TAs get commission because they provide said service to their customers.

Edited by Demonyte

They do have numbers to meet though, because mine reminded me last night that if she put a hold on the room I wanted and I booked through the website rather than calling her back, she wouldn't get credit for the booking.

I imagine it's similar to how a hotel call center works - if I booked a room night, I got credit for it even if they called the hotel later to cancel (cancel = transfer to TA in this scenario).

They do have numbers to meet though, because mine reminded me last night that if she put a hold on the room I wanted and I booked through the website rather than calling her back, she wouldn't get credit for the booking.

I also presume they get some kind of "credit" whether it's monetary or not. I've often selected a cabin online, put it on a "24 hour hold" (not always possible to do that), and then called my PCC to give my credit card info and complete the transaction. She always seems willing/eager to handle it that way, so I assume there's ~something~ in it for her.

FYI, you can always place rooms on hold then contact your PCC later so they can pick up the booking and get credit. The system will keep rooms on hold for 24 hours.