Michael's Club Entertainment on Silhouette?

scottam

Hi Everyone!

During a recent cruise (fall 2013) on Infinity, we enjoyed some great, late-evening entertainment in Michaels Club. (They were closed most days until, I believe, 7pm but open until late after that.)

We're going to be boarding the Silhouette in a little over a week and I'm wondering if we can look forward to some entertainment in Michaels Club. I've read a lot of negative reviews about the music on board silhouette recently, but no mention of Michael' Club.

Thanks!

Tammy

We were on the Silly in 2012, and unlike our 2013 cruise on the Eclipse, there was hardly any entertainment in Michael's.

The Euro 2012 soccer tournament was on at the time, and it wa sone of the places where live matches were being shown, which may have made a difference to other cruises. However, it seemed that Michael's Club on that ship was seen as more of a quiet area for conversation and trying craft beers than an entertainment venue.

There was a British Pub Night on one evening, which was so bad that we left after fifteen minutes. Quite a few others left before us too!

To be honest, after the Eclipse we prefer the set up for Michael's on the Silhouette. It seems too small to accommodate the numbers of people who wanted to see the pianist on the Eclipse, and we never managed to get a seat in there! And with so much music around the rest of the ship it was nice to have a quiet area to chill out in.

On Infinity, in Michaels each evening, was a nice little 3 piece jazz string group. It was very nice but for some reason didn't draw a crowd, which is why we liked it. It wasn't loud. In fact, it was very conversation friendly! It was the perfect area to chill out for an after dinner drink and visit with friends. This is what I was hopping for on Silly, and wasn't sure if there was a standard musical offering in Michaels on all ships, or if it varies from cruise to cruise. It sounds like it varies and may be different from our experience. We will happily go and find out! :D

Tammy