Is it true?

rinakop

[quote name='rinakop']Read somewhere that purchasing the soda package AFTER leaving port saves you the tax?? Is this true, has anyone actually down this on NCL? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Yes. You will always pay sales tax in a US port - if they have one. You can save on the tax by pre-purchasing online as well. Edited by SissasMomE

[quote name='rinakop']Read somewhere that purchasing the soda package AFTER leaving port saves you the tax?? Is this true, has anyone actually down this on NCL? :confused:[/quote]
Yes, its true.

Same with everything else on board. When you leave port and get a good bit off shore, the sales tax goes away.

[quote name='SissasMomE']Yes. You will always pay sales tax in a US port - if they have one. You can save on the tax by pre-purchasing online as well.[/QUOTE]

Can you tell me where I can pre-buy the pop card online? I can't seem to find that option.

[quote name='Izzybeff']Can you tell me where I can pre-buy the pop card online? I can't seem to find that option.[/QUOTE]

Yes, log into your NCL account, then click "explore and plan" then "gifts and more".

Also, the unlimited dining package is now there too!

[quote name='SissasMomE']Yes, log into your NCL account, then click "explore and plan" then "gifts and more".

Also, the unlimited dining package is now there too![/QUOTE]

Grr.. can't find it on mine. Just have to wait till the ship leaves port to buy it. Unfortunately were on the Dawn so that could be pretty late into the evening.

Thank you - just a FYI - we can't purchase the UBP the week of March 16 - spring break! :( And I think international waters is 3 miles out when they open up the shops….

[quote name='Izzybeff']Grr.. can't find it on mine. Just have to wait till the ship leaves port to buy it. Unfortunately were on the Dawn so that could be pretty late into the evening.[/QUOTE]

Click that form I put in the prior post. You can fill that out and email it to them. They send back a confirmation pretty fast.