My 8 Day Semi Cruise from hell aboard the Carnival Breeze 10/26/13 - 11/4/13

Leo's Rule

1525409_10200619159515965_1500600699_n.jpg

#42 and #44

1560654_10200619159715970_205509512_n.jpg

I'm Rick James, biotch.

1560471_10200619160315985_851982635_n.jpg

1557519_10200619160795997_1857428294_n.jpg

The trio from the Piano Bar. The one in the middle confused me; I didn't know if she was a Smurf Hello Kitty or a Fiona Hello Kitty. Her face was painted green or blue...I can't remember which.

1531978_10200619161116005_1098064350_n.jpg

Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice!

3789_10200619161396012_1101122880_n.jpg

I didn't know if he was an X-Men character or what. But he was a perv.

Well, that's the end of my photos for Aruba. I will begin the next section soon. Hope you all enjoyed the photos. I'm going to respond to comments from my phone and call it a night.

I totally agree! If La Romana ever shows up on my itinerary, I will stay on the ship.

If I may hijack your thread for just 1 minute - please don't stay on the ship. There are other things to enjoy.

For instance - Pro Excursions (look them up on Tripadvisor) offers a WONDERFUL trip to Saona Island. These folks treat you like family and Saona island is just breath taking. One of the best excursions I've ever been on!

Ok, so I called it a night before responding last night. :o

I totally agree! If La Romana ever shows up on my itinerary, I will stay on the ship.

I want to try Seavis again, but they use that God awful taxi company. I forgot to ask the people from the M&G if they experienced any problems with the taxi.

I think I'm with you; I'm staying onboard.

Just read all 13 pages.

Consider me one who is loving all of it!! (and also looking forward to the big reveal!)

Thank you for reading the review. I have 3 more days to write about. It will be revealed on day 4.

Loving your review:)....and like everyone says ignore the haters. I was on the Breeze the week before your cruise (Oct. 19). Keep the pics coming!!!

Maybe we passed each other? And yes, I'm no longer entertaining the Negative Nancy's.

I'm still interested in what made you sick. Did the guys that you were supposed to meet in South Beach drug you? (date rape drug possibly, which would explain why they wanted you to go out with them so badly)

They never had an opportunity to get near anything I ate or drank. So no, they didn't drug me. But I do wonder what they were uo to. It may have been innocent, but once I get a bad vibe I have to trust that feeling.

Awesome review! Soo sorry you did not feel well. I cant believe all the negativity on here. I am a mom, and because of that - reading about vomit doesn't bother me. My stomach has become stronger. You episode did not make me ill or anything. Just keep on with your great review and awesome pictures and ignore the rest!

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. I guess I'll have to get prepared for that when it's my turn to have kids. I can deal with my own; it's other people's I can't. Lol

More will come maybe tonight (1/23/14) or tomorrow night.

Leo's Rule - I 100% agree with you about La Romana. We've been there twice and it's the biggest mess I've ever seen. Never again will we get off the ship. In fact, we found the same taxi company you mentioned, waiting in the hot sun in line for 30 min., got into a taxi only to have them sit us in a hot van while they tried to find the exact number of passengers needed to fill it to capacity. We had 8 people and told him we'd pay for the seats if he'd just go. About 20 minutes of that stifling heat, we got out and went back to the ship. I never heard one nice thing from anyone on tours there. It's probably a beautiful island but Carnival and the port authority has made it such a cluster, we'll never do it again.

Great review. Can't wait for the end. My vote is also gallbladder!

That taxi company is horrible and I think they were trying to fill the taxi before taking off as well, but I also believe we weren't going to be taken to Bayahibe. They are disorganized.

Mums the word for now, but you'll learn my dx soon.

Very nice review so far... but can you at least put my mind at ease and let us know if the illness was related to the ship.

Yes, I can ease it. The ship wasn't at fault.

I have never cruised at Halloween, but these are great pictures. It is worth the review alone just to see these. Thanks for posting :)

You're welcome...I think. :rolleyes: :) But it was nice seeing people dressed up. I didn't capture half of the people.

Your Halloween pictures are AWESOME!!! I can't believe people went through so much trouble to pack these customes. What a fun fun fun night that must have been.

Thank you for the pictures, Leo's rule!

You're welcome. I'm one of those people you speak of. :p The skirt had a built in cancan (have I just revealed my age?) and made it hard to pack, but I did it. I should have just worn my jester outfit. But the male bride took the cake, I would've left it at home.

If I may hijack your thread for just 1 minute - please don't stay on the ship. There are other things to enjoy.

For instance - Pro Excursions (look them up on Tripadvisor) offers a WONDERFUL trip to Saona Island. These folks treat you like family and Saona island is just breath taking. One of the best excursions I've ever been on!

Some from my M&G toured with them over touring with Seavis. I heard Saona was beautiful, but if they use Campo de Taxi too, it's a no go for me.

The Halloween photos are great! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks and you're welcome.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forums mobile app

OMG the Halloween Pictures are AWESOME! That's great that everyone participates so much. I would love to do a Halloween cruise. Unfortunately due to the work schedule I can never have a month end off. :mad:

You looked great as a nurse! I hope you got the officer's phone number! :p

Thanks for a great review!

Hope you are feeling better!

I really have enjoyed your review you and your mom are so funny! I can tell you had a good time and you have great memories with her! Looking forward to the ending and the BIG review of your diagnosis!

We have been on several Halloween cruises and some people are so creative with their costumes.

Edited by missdebi

Just read your review thus far in one sitting.

Very entertaining and suspenseful, thank you for posting, your way!

Your pup is so so cute!

I want those sobe boots, too, they are slammin'!

Glad you got to enjoy some of your cruise, anyway.

We loved the Breeze.....fantastic ship!

Waiting....

I'm writing trying to finish up the review. We had a winter storm here...below freezing temperature (the low 20s) and ice on the roads. It even snowed in some parts. My city was on shut down yesterday. And if you're rolling your eyes at our temperature, Houstonians aren't used to that. Lol. We had several accidents yesterday. Some people were stranded for hours!

Anyhow, I think the freeze killed my modem. No Internet at home. This really blows.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forums mobile app

Leo's Rule: Same thing with us Baton Rougeians!!! It was horrible, we've had the wintery mix and a lil snow before but never like it was yesterday. My aunt lives in Houston (Cypress) and she said she didn't even try to make it to work....the made me wish I was on the cruise even more. LoL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Wow, Thanks for posting all those pictures, I am in awe of all the costumes and the trouble cruisers went to dress up. They are awesome.

and Thank you for your review it is very interesting and sorry to hear that you were under the weather and glad that you were able to bounce back and enjoy the rest of the cruise.

can't wait for more..;)

Love this review! The title about it being the cruise from Hell reeled me in, but I have enjoyed every bit of it, especially the Halloween pictures! Awesome. Thanks for taking the time to share, sorry you were sick, hope you are better and glad you made the most of your cruise and shared it with us. I now want to cruise on Halloween and find it ironic that the Halloween pics are on page 13!

I'm enjoying your review and pics!! Sorry to hear that you were ill for part of your cruise. Glad you were able to enjoy the rest of the cruise with your mom. I never sailed on Halloween, but after seeing the pics It makes me want to sail during Halloween.

Edited by Chelleum

I never sailed on Halloween, but after seeing the pics It makes me want to sail during Halloween.

Actually, those Halloween pictures made me thankful I've never cruised then. Those people made me uneasy. I don't like huge Mardi Gras parades for the same reason.

Rodeo Clowns, love them. ;)

We cruised once at Halloween because it would work for our kids as they were out of school for a few days. Said never again. I do not like Halloween and the crazy dressing up. When we took our Hawaii cruise it was over Halloween. We made reservations in the steak house to avoid all of the strange costumes. Many in our group dressed up and they said they had a ball. I think if you like craziness and Halloween you would probably love the Halloween cruises. I was a little disappointed they set up for Halloween the afternoon before, not my choice but certainly didn't kill my cruise.