Barcelona hotels

grandgeezer

We have stay at both hiltons, one in the Financial Center is small, basic business hotel. The other one is part of the conference center at east end of the city, along the Mediterranean. It is more delux, easy access to public transportation to other part os the city, major shopping center right across the street. Both, hotel are off the beaten path, so you will need to use taxis or public transportation to visit other areas of the city.

We just returned from Barcelona last week, visited the city center, over the week right after Easter. Crowds were overwhelming, not what we really enjoy.

Barcelona has lots of wonderful neighborhoods... we prefer to visit those that have fewer tourist . But we have visited the city many times even stayed a week or more, so we have done the major sites before and simply like to enjoy the city as it is for locals.

Thanks for responding! Sounds like the Hilton's require a bit more effort to explore but I actually like using public transportation. I love the subway system in Seoul.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

We are sailing this summer from Barcelona and are planning on a couple of days in the city prior to the cruise. We have booked a 4 bedroom apartment for about $800 (for 6 of us to share) for three nights. There were other options that were cheaper for fewer people (we looked at breaking it up into a room for my parents and a room for the 4 of us). We found many of the hotels seemed expensive and were thrilled to find this apartment through Aspasios.