Dawn question

rn448698

1) Which pier is the Dawn at in Tampa tomorrow?

2) did anyone on tomorrow's sailing get the "please don't come early to the pier"-emails that people got in early December because of the Cozumel issue? We didn't, so I'm wondering if the issues are resolved.

3) what's a good time to arrive tomorrow?

1) Which pier is the Dawn at in Tampa tomorrow?

2) did anyone on tomorrow's sailing get the "please don't come early to the pier"-emails that people got in early December because of the Cozumel issue? We didn't, so I'm wondering if the issues are resolved.

3) what's a good time to arrive tomorrow?

Just checked and here is the Cozumel schedule...

SAILING DATES

November 2013: 22nd, 29th

December 2013: 06th

January 2014: 10th, 17th, 24th & 31st

February 2014: 07th, 14th, 21st & 28th

March 2014: 07th, 14th, 21st & 28th

April 2014: 4th, 11th & 18th

And they did pickup passengers yesterday in Cozumel, so definitely best of luck to you tomorrow...

If you have a laptop, please report in and let us know how everything goes...

Hope they figured something out and you board in 20-30 minutes, like a normal sailing.

Bill

Edited by bguppies

Your sailing should be picking up passengers in Cozumel Thursday, so your debarkation should start the whole thing with delays all over again a week from tomorrow.

Crossing my fingers for you that NCL figured something out in the past 5 weeks, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Bill

Love the positive attitude Bill :rolleyes:

I'm thinking because the very last coz sailing showed little chaos at disembarkation, NCL has probably got a handle on whatever the issue/s were.

I am watching this intently also. We were at the pier last year when the Dawn was trapped out in the fog and came in very late. We waited in line for hours! That said we came home and booked again for January 26th. I don't think I could stand it if I was this unlucky 2 years in a row! Here's to uncomplicated disembarkation!( pretty please....fingers and toes crossed)

Just checked and here is the Cozumel schedule...

And they did pickup passengers yesterday in Cozumel, so definitely best of luck to you tomorrow...

If you have a laptop, please report in and let us know how everything goes...

Hope they figured something out and you board in 20-30 minutes, like a normal sailing.

Bill

Now see, that's a much more encouraging post ;)

I thought the Jan 12th was the first sailing that had them as well, thanks for the info.

Yup, hope they have figured something out.

Good luck OP we are routing for you and waiting to hear how it goes.

It was pier #3 when we boarded in Dec.

And they had a handle on the issues on our trip....we got to the port about 12:30 and waited in line until 1 pm when they opened the doors (and then just let so many in at a time) It wasn't a problem for us.

Have fun and enjoy your cruise!

I too am waiting for info from passengers getting off the Dawn today as I am getting on. One passenger posted in the Jan 5th roll call that staff told them disembarking shouldn't be an issue. Still waiting for posts as people are getting off.

Now see, that's a much more encouraging post ;)

I thought the Jan 12th was the first sailing that had them as well, thanks for the info.

Yup, hope they have figured something out.

Good luck OP we are routing for you and waiting to hear how it goes.

Trust me, I don't WANT things to continue badly.

I really, really hope they have figured something out.

I am also realistic and don't see any way NCL can get around the problem they created with this arrangement.

But I am hopefull.

Don't want to have the 2-3 hours standing outside in line, this April, with 3 sets of 60's-80 year old couples in our group, celebrating my parents 50th anniversary.

(heck I don't want that for DW and I in our late 40's ;) )

Crossing my fingers.

Best of luck to everyone embarking today....:D

Bill

Edited by bguppies

Trust me, I don't WANT things to continue badly.

I really, really hope they have figured something out.

I am also realistic and don't see any way NCL can get around the problem they created with this arrangement.

But I am hopefull.

Don't want to have the 2-3 hours standing outside in line, this April, with 3 sets of 60's-80 year old couples in our group, celebrating my parents 50th anniversary.

(heck I don't want that for DW and I in our late 40's ;) )

Crossing my fingers.

Best of luck to everyone embarking today....:D

Bill

I'm sitting with bated breath, hoping someone from this sailing comes on CC to let us know.

Congrats to your parents, that's a nice mile marker that I hope to achieve some day.

As long as I have wifi when we get on the ship I will post an update as to our experience embarking. I did get an email from the owners of maya chan who are on the ship who said 500 people still in immigration and to head to the pier a little later to avoid lines.

As long as I have wifi when we get on the ship I will post an update as to our experience embarking. I did get an email from the owners of maya chan who are on the ship who said 500 people still in immigration and to head to the pier a little later to avoid lines.

Hmmm wondering what that really means though. If that means the non-US citizens are still meeting with custom officials pre-disembarking (usually in the theatre). If so that will be a "drag" for us disembarking, but at least it won't hold up an entire ship of people and therefore shouldn't affect those getting on. It also should make it quick for those 500 once they get cleared. Again not holding anything up.

Yes I'm sure there are a lot of us that will be grateful if you can let us know how it's going.

Edited by che5904

Found this posted this morning in the 1/5 roll call:

"Despite some rain, we snorkeled at Roatan and Cozumel & visited Mayan ruins at Belize (Altun Ha) and Costs Maya (Chochoban) which was our plan. It's early Sunday morning and we're being told that our disembarkation will not be delayed due to being an open loop cruise (based on a newly resolved Customs process). No other details available."

Found this posted this morning in the 1/5 roll call:

"Despite some rain, we snorkeled at Roatan and Cozumel & visited Mayan ruins at Belize (Altun Ha) and Costs Maya (Chochoban) which was our plan. It's early Sunday morning and we're being told that our disembarkation will not be delayed due to being an open loop cruise (based on a newly resolved Customs process). No other details available."

Thanks for the info, that is good news. I looked for their roll call in the archived files but couldn't find it.

Just off the Dawn. We were in our cabin when they announced at 8 am that the ship had been cleared and self-disembarkation for US citizens could take place. We were outside the terminal building and heading toward the parking garage by 8:30. DH and I had passports while DD and DSIL had birth certificates and driver's licenses; it didn't seem to make a difference, speed wise. Hopefully a non-US citizen will post their experience.

Edited by polySeraph

Just off the Dawn. We were in our cabin when they announced at 8 am that the ship had been cleared and self-disembarkation for US citizens could take place. We were outside the terminal building and heading toward the parking garage by 8:30. DH and I had passports while DD and DSIL had birth certificates and driver's licenses; it didn't seem to make a difference, speed wise. Hopefully a non-US citizen will post their experience.

Thanks so much for the information.

I too am waiting for info from passengers getting off the Dawn today as I am getting on. One passenger posted in the Jan 5th roll call that staff told them disembarking shouldn't be an issue. Still waiting for posts as people are getting off.

Just got off the Dawn we had orange tags got in line at 9:55 and were in our car by 10:15 . Very simple and easy

Yes indeed - as a Canadian I would like to hear a non - US citizen's experience as well.

Yes indeed - as a Canadian I would like to hear a non - US citizen's experience as well.

Well if you want my input from reading above. We get to go to (probably the theatre) at some ung*dly hour of the day. We get to sit and wait to be called up to customs officials to have our passport stamped, so we can embark the ship faster in the usual way.

Well if you want my input from reading above. We get to go to (probably the theatre) at some ung*dly hour of the day. We get to sit and wait to be called up to customs officials to have our passport stamped, so we can embark the ship faster in the usual way.

You're probably right Che, what I was curious about was - We were in our cabin when they announced at 8 am that the ship had been cleared and self-disembarkation for US citizens could take place. :confused:

You're probably right Che, what I was curious about was - We were in our cabin when they announced at 8 am that the ship had been cleared and self-disembarkation for US citizens could take place. :confused:

Kind of odd that they would be given an "all clear" when someone else reported that 500 were still in with immigration at 9:20am. But since the next sailing the ship embarked at the usual time, I'd have to believe that the non-US were not in there long once the process started.

But depending on when customs official come onboard, get their little machines set up, pour themselves a complimentary coffee ;) (What we experienced on Carnival, they didn't seem to be in much of a rush to get the show on the road) DH just reminded me they got a donut or 2 as well :D. And how many non US are actually on our sailing will make for a lot of variables even if we hear from a non-US from this sailing. Let's just hope no one has a flight before noon.

Edited by che5904

Kind of odd that they would be given an "all clear" when someone else reported that 500 were still in with immigration at 9:20am. But since the next sailing the ship embarked at the usual time, I'd have to believe that the non-US were not in there long once the process started.

But depending on when customs official come onboard, get their little machines set up, pour themselves a complimentary coffee ;) (What we experienced on Carnival, they didn't seem to be in much of a rush to get the show on the road) DH just reminded me they got a donut or 2 as well :D. And how many non US are actually on our sailing will make for a lot of variables even if we hear from a non-US from this sailing. Let's just hope no one has a flight before noon.

Flight before noon not an issue for us. Just need to pick up our rental car at the pier and drive to the Sirata Beach Resort for 5 more days of (hopefully) beautiful Florida weather. :D