Why do people complain after they get home?

#1TravelMom

For the most part, and maybe you would agree with me, the crew are very hard working people, doing their best to make their passengers happy. There away from home, speaking another language and I give them so much respect and credit. If someone says they ran into one or two rude crew members, I would think thats very unusual but possible but to say the crew, across the board is rude leads me to believe the poster is overreacting. For example, for someone to say a officer on the ship yelled at them, thats very hard for me to believe.

I agree; the crew and officers are very hard workers and they are not there to be our slaves/servants. I have been on a ship where lots of the crew members didn't seem to be pleasant; let's just say they were more or less indifferent but I would not say they were rude. It was on one of the other cruise lines 3 day Bahama cruise and it was something that was very noticeable. I still had an excellent time and not once did I consider complaining or even mentioning that on a message board.

I think three day cruises are probably brutal to work on considering you get a new set up customers every 4th day and you barely have time to establish a rapport with the passengers.

So, basically, I read it correctly, lol. Like I said, with the information that you gave, it sounded like you were told information on a prior trip, assumed without asking staff on the current ship that it would be the same on your latest trip, and then filed a complaint when it turned out the policy had changed. I guess I just don't understand complaining on one ship about something you were told on another ship, three years in the past (per your signature), when you didn't take the time to verify that the policy was still in effect in the first place.

It's awesome that NCL responded like they did, and it's certainly great customer service, but I wish they could have devoted the time and effort that was wasted on responding to a trivial complaint to someone that may have had a valid, serious complaint.

IMO I think you may have blown medtechs post way out of proportion. The original post was only to back my post up about if you don't want to waste yours or anyone's time while on your vacation to express a concern, just drop a "note" in the box at the front. It was another poster, that asked them what the issue was.

They didn't request to speak to anyone about this or get it fixed, just have it noted "was surprised when Dan the Man called me personally to discuss it."

The one that responded to them by telephone was, to my knowledge, the CD. I'm really not sure what other "serious complaint" that the CD would be dealing with. It's not like they were speaking with the captain of the ship, that while they were dealing with a small complaint the ship would sink.:rolleyes: Obviously the CD felt it was an important enough complaint to contact the passenger, from there it was acknowledge and went no further.

I think it was handled by the right person, in the proper way.

Edited by che5904

IMO I think you may have blown medtechs post way out of proportion. The original post was only to back my post up about if you don't want to waste yours or anyone's time while on your vacation to express a concern, just drop a "note" in the box at the front. It was another poster, that asked them what the issue was.

They didn't request to speak to anyone about this or get it fixed, just have it noted "was surprised when Dan the Man called me personally to discuss it."

The one that responded to them by telephone was, to my knowledge, the CD. I'm really not sure what other "serious complaint" that the CD would be dealing with. It's not like they were speaking with the captain of the ship, that while they were dealing with a small complaint the ship would sink.:rolleyes: Obviously the CD felt it was an important enough complaint to contact the passenger, from there it was acknowledge and went no further.

I think it was handled by the right person, in the proper way.

Thing is, though, is that it DOES "waste time." After all, what's the point of having a comment box if no one follows up on the comments? I'm certain that all of us expect complaints and/or compliments to be followed up by management, regardless of the form of submission. And if someone for some reason doesn't expect their complaint/comment to be taken seriously, what's the point of giving it? I just figured that I would point out that it might be unreasonable to waste time and effort with an unfounded complaint about something that was said to be the policy three years in the past. I mean, does anyone really expect that policies that were in place years in the past will continue in perpetuity?

I'm not blowing the post out of proportion, since I'm not at all offended. I, unintentionally, apparently offended the person who originally made the comment, as the increased font size and escalated tone of the following posts suggest. I do apologize for that. With my first post, I was simply verifying that I was reading the complaint correctly. It wasn't meant to be offensive, but rather to convey the mental "double-take" that it gave me. Kind of a "wait, that can't be right" comment.

I'm all for registering complaints, but I'd hope that we all really examine what we're complaining about to see if it's valid or if it's something we should just shrug our shoulders over and say, "Oh, well."