Pride of America comes "home"

bobnsandi

The Pride of America, U.S. flagged and home ported in Honolulu, arrives "home" tomorrow when she makes her first State of Hawai`i port stop at Hilo. She is on a repositioning cruise that originated in San Francisco and will end in Honolulu this Thursday. Her schedule can be found at: http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn/Default.aspx?tabid=381.

We sailed aboard her inaugural passenger voyage from Miami to LA., and loved every minute of it. We were the first U.S. flagged passenger ship to transit the Panama Canal in almost 50 years. She is a one-of-a-kind ship, beautifully appointed, and has an enthusiastic and hard-working U.S. crew. Welcome home Pride of America!

poa_canal.jpg

Pride of America departing the Gatun Locks.

Thanks for sharing - I can't wait to hear more reviews, especially as POAm begins her regular route around the islands!! What we have seen so far has been very encouraging and just makes me anxious for our turn!! :D

BTW, love the Panama Canal pic - I watched it on the webcam as she went through one of the locks - VERY COOL!!!!! :p

Aloha..

Thanks for the POAm alert...I knew she was coming here soon, but did not realize it was tomorrow. I was debating whether or not to drive into Hilo tomorrow to do some grocery shopping...and now I KNOW I will be going into Hilo :D !!!! And, since the next port is Kona, I am assuming I will be able to see her cruise by our house tomorrow night.....how exciting.

Mahalo again,

Laurie

Archived