help with our day in barbados

CruisingTheWaves

hi all, so i am pretty sure i have decided to just make barbados a beach day.

i am looking for something quiet. not a lot of people (even if there is no one that is totally fine with me, even though my husband thinks i'm strange for having a thing for secluded beaches lol). i hate crowds, especially on the beach. i have seen photos of bottom bay and figure while we won't stay the whole day there, i want to get there to take some pictures and spend a little bit of time. it just looks so gorgeous. i had considered going to crane and then to bottom bay on the way back for a photo op, but it sounds like crane is a bit overrated. i also had considered foul bay as many said it was better than crane, but still very rough and not swimmable.

i had considered going to rockley beach as it looks like it's quiet and very swimmable, but definitely more people. but if we choose to go there would i have to give up my photo op for bottom bay? i just really want to go there :) it also looked like rockley had a place or two to eat. or maybe we could just have the taxi driver take us to a place to get some good fish on the way back from foul bay/bottom bay?

anyone have any suggestions? TIA.

Will you be going to St. Thomas? If you are I would go to Saphire Beach, beautiful & quiet, not empty.

Barbados we went on a small catamaran Shasa snorkeling & swimming with Turtles, it was great!

So I'm no help with the beaches.

Will you be going to St. Thomas? If you are I would go to Saphire Beach, beautiful & quiet, not empty.

Barbados we went on a small catamaran Shasa snorkeling & swimming with Turtles, it was great!

So I'm no help with the beaches.

yes, we are going to st. thomas but we are taking a sailing trip over to st. john, better beaches over there :) the guy in st. thomas says there is a very good chance of swimming with turtles over on st. john, and barbados has such beautiful beaches i decided to give up our turtle trip in barbados in exchange for a trip to anguilla in st. maarten. barbados has better beaches than st. maarten so i would like to just get off the ship and go somewhere there than have an excursion booked.

thanks for your suggestions though :)

yes, we are going to st. thomas but we are taking a sailing trip over to st. john, better beaches over there :) the guy in st. thomas says there is a very good chance of swimming with turtles over on st. john, and barbados has such beautiful beaches i decided to give up our turtle trip in barbados in exchange for a trip to anguilla in st. maarten. barbados has better beaches than st. maarten so i would like to just get off the ship and go somewhere there than have an excursion booked.

thanks for your suggestions though :)

Hi, why don't you combine your turtle and beach trip while on Barbados? The beach at Paynes Bay beach is lovely and you can swim out from the beach to swim with turtles. This time last year I was swimming with at least 5 turtles and a multitude of fish, it was a wonderful experience:D

Terry

Edited by hammers

^^^ I know this is sort of an option too, although my friend told me they were on Rockley a few years ago and were able to swim with turtles there as well. Rockley is on my radar but I want to see bottom bay too, and find a good place for a flying fish cutter!

Edited by CruisingTheWaves

hi all, so i am pretty sure i have decided to just make barbados a beach day.

i am looking for something quiet. not a lot of people (even if there is no one that is totally fine with me, even though my husband thinks i'm strange for having a thing for secluded beaches lol). i hate crowds, especially on the beach. i have seen photos of bottom bay and figure while we won't stay the whole day there, i want to get there to take some pictures and spend a little bit of time. it just looks so gorgeous. i had considered going to crane and then to bottom bay on the way back for a photo op, but it sounds like crane is a bit overrated. i also had considered foul bay as many said it was better than crane, but still very rough and not swimmable.

i had considered going to rockley beach as it looks like it's quiet and very swimmable, but definitely more people. but if we choose to go there would i have to give up my photo op for bottom bay? i just really want to go there :) it also looked like rockley had a place or two to eat. or maybe we could just have the taxi driver take us to a place to get some good fish on the way back from foul bay/bottom bay?

anyone have any suggestions? TIA.

If you are looking for quiet and secluded then bottom bay is definitely a good choice for you. I know you said you heard that crane is over rated but that is a very good option as well.

To be quite frank with you there are no bad/overated beaches in Barbados.:) but some may say I am biased:D

I am sure your taxi driver will be more than happy to take you for the flying fish cutter.

Edited by Bajan Keith