To Split or Not To Split

WillWorkForCruz

That depends.

If you are letting or children use your credit card for their sale and sign account, then they can board with you, even if you do not split your booking.

I thought I read somewhere on here that they stopped allowing that due to so many taking advantage of it. I personally would split the booking so I know there will be no problems with it.

We are cruising May 31, 2014 aboard Carnival Liberty from Port Canaveral, DW and I are Platinum but our DD, 21, and DS, 16, are not. Should DW and I split up our booking so that we can all take advantage of priority board without paying for FTTF???

I think that one person one on each booking has to be over 25 . I would split it anyway because you can re arrange the sleeping locations later.

I believe that even if you put them on your S&S card, they still will not be able to board with you because they are not Platinum. Your S&S cards will be in the VIP check-in and theirs will be in general boarding.

My grandson and I are both Platinum but my daughter and son-in-law are not. When we all sail together, I book my grandson with his Dad and my daughter with me. That way, we all board at the same time in the VIP lounge, we all have priority tendering, wash and fold laundry service, etc.

Upon boarding, we go to the Purser's Desk and have them generate new keys, as needed. These keys will not have charging privileges, they only open the stateroom door.

I would think at the very least the 16 year old (minor child) would be able to check in with parents regardless of his point balance. Surely, they wouldn't expect parents to be separated from their minor children.

That's what I was thinking.

I know minor children board with Plats, even if the minor isn't. And since the older brother is in the cabin with the minor....seems to me like they all can board together.