free drinks

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

I know I have gotten free drinks at the past guest parties and there was one more...what was it? Captain's party? Do they still do this where everyone is invited and there are free drinks? Thanks

There are free drinks at the Gold/Platinum/Diamond VIFP party. There is no longer a past guest or Captains reception.

If you have sailed Carnival at least once before, you will get a free drink coupon to be used in the MDR at breakfast/brunch/lunch.

Used to be a farewell party but that was discontinued due to lack of interest by Carnival.

They publicized it the first day of the cruise and hid it in small type the night of the party. If you missed it in the embarkation FunTimes, you missed it unless you really paid attention to the daily program the last day!

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1391904000,-8,ca_carnival,first%20Miracle%20cruise%20

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1396058400,-8,ca_celebrity,cruising%20the%20Pacific%20Coastal%20on%20Century

Sent from my iPod

And if you don't mind being bored out of your mind, there's always the free Champaign at the Art Auction.

Boring? You're doing it wrong! I love getting the assistants all hyped up that we're interested in one of those hideous Peter Max's. :D

They publicized it the first day of the cruise and hid it in small type the night of the party. If you missed it in the embarkation FunTimes, you missed it unless you really paid attention to the daily program the last day!

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1391904000,-8,ca_carnival,first%20Miracle%20cruise%20

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1396058400,-8,ca_celebrity,cruising%20the%20Pacific%20Coastal%20on%20Century

Sent from my iPod

My cute way of saying it was set up by Carnival to fail. Used to be about as many servers as guests. They picked the worst time to have it and than sort of forgot to publicize it.

Sent from my iPod

That certainly is a recipe for a poor turn out. I think the art auction got more advertisement.

EDIT: why don't you put your timeclocks in your siggie so we don't repost them?

Edited by Phlybice

Interesting and helpful as always fellow cruisers. I did not realize the captain's party was no longer. I still thought that was being held, as well as getting a free drink coupon. :mad: I always used to say, "Carnival treats you right". Now I'm thinking I don't like this new Carnival

There are free drinks at the Gold/Platinum/Diamond VIFP party. There is no longer a past guest or Captains reception.

If you have sailed Carnival at least once before, you will get a free drink coupon to be used in the MDR at breakfast/brunch/lunch.

Is it for any kind of alcohol drink in the mdr? Like the frozen foo foo drinks too?

Is it for any kind of alcohol drink in the mdr? Like the frozen foo foo drinks too?

If you're taking about the coupon, it is for any up to $9.50 (maybe $9.25... Not sure) price drink. However, I had decided I wanted to use it for the "superstar" that was served in the karaoke lounge. Even though I knew the name of the drink (normally how you can order a drink at another bar) I was told I couldn't use the coupon on that because they don't serve it in the MDR... sigh, I ordered a cruiser instead. (Because it has a higher price point than the "kiss on the lips" that I normally order and I like it too!)

Interesting and helpful as always fellow cruisers. I did not realize the captain's party was no longer. I still thought that was being held, as well as getting a free drink coupon. :mad: I always used to say, "Carnival treats you right". Now I'm thinking I don't like this new Carnival

Capt's party was a nice and elegant party. Now it is just an excuse to get us to dress up and sell you expensive pictures.