Honeymoon HELP! Which ship?

lilybug23

My fiancé and I are planning on taking a cruise for our honeymoon. We plan on getting married in April 2015. I have cruised with Carnival before in 2010 on the DREAM. He has never been on a cruise before. He is excited because he is in the NAVY and he said it will be nice to be on a ship that he doesn't have to work on! My problem is that I am having a hard time choosing which ship to book. Since my first cruise was on the DREAM I am nervous about booking a ship of a lower class. Does anyone have any suggestions or any insight into which ships would be best? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

First, congrats on your upcoming wedding. Tell your fiancee tha this old tin can salt loves cruising "because you don't have to swap the deck or dab the red lead on".

As far as which ship, decide where you want to go on your cruise and for how long. Then look at ships with those itineraries around the dates of your wedding. Look at embarcation ports. Are they relatively easy to get to from your home? Look at prices, decide on cabin sizes, decide what features/activities you and your financee might enjoy on board (for example is a full Cloud 9 Spa like on the Dream a must have? Guys' Burgers? Other dining options? Waterslide/ropes course? Good Serenity deck?).

If you narrow the ships down, posters here are glad to provide pros and cons between 2 ships or 2 itineraries. Just remember that everyone's personal preferences and experiences are different.

My husband is retired Navy and LOVES cruising, our next cruise is our 30th cruise!!!! Previous poster is spot on , check out the itineraries then decide , although The newer ships are nice and offer a lot of different things that the older ships do not (food wise/pools/hot tubs/Cloud 9 spa).

Why not check our the Breeze!!!

BTW don't forget to check out military rate when you book, often it is cheaper then past guest rate (not always but often). Just have to be active or have your DD214.

Congrats and enjoy!

It all depends upon which ports are options for you and if you can drive versus flying, etc. Personally I love the big ships with all the bells and whistles and don't think I would choose a smaller ship for a special cruise like for a Honeymoon. Congratulations!