Orient beach cabs

JEBSON

Are cabs easily available mid-afternoon at Orient Beach for return to the ship?

How long is the trip back during mid-afternoon with 3 ships in port?

You will not have more than a few minutes wait at the most to get back from Orient Beach in the mid-afternoon. 25 minutes should get you back to port but leave an extra 20-30 minutes just in case of unforeseen problems.

Taxis are readily available at Orient, especially as it gets close to 'back to the ship' time, when drivers might even be walking the beach soliciting passengers.

If you just walk up to the taxi area you'll probably be seated in a taxi to wait for it to fill, (for the reduced rate), but my friend Ottis Hughes, President of the Dutch St. Maarten Taxi Association, tells me that their official policy is "as the guest ready, next taxi leaves", so you should be able to pay the higher price, for a couple, for example, and depart immediately.

I would never arrange for a pickup time with the driver that delivered me to a beach like Orient or Maho, as taxis are readily available, and I might decide that I wanted to stay for a shorter (not likely) or longer time at the beach.

gary