Food allergies and specialty restaurants?

shepherdqueen

Has anyone with food allergies successfully dined at specialty restaurants?

We have always just eaten at the MDR for dinner, quite successfully, as I always have to preorder my dinner for the next day so it can be made especially for me. With the new UDP, my husband and I are considering splurging this cruise as we have never eaten in the specialties before. I do want to know if it can be done, but I am thinking that this may be a hassel with my allergy, and not worth the trouble.

Thanks in advance! Oh, I do have an email into the access desk at NCL but have not received a reply yet. I will share their answer when it is received if anyone else is curious.

Hello shepherdqueen

Just came off the Gem , upon arrival we met with a dietitian (Jeph) discuss our plan for the week, Every night we would select our menu for the next day . Jeph is responsible for both mdr and all speciality restaurant . you will have no problem eating at the speciality restaurant.

Hello shepherdqueen

Just came off the Gem , upon arrival we met with a dietitian (Jeph) discuss our plan for the week, Every night we would select our menu for the next day . Jeph is responsible for both mdr and all speciality restaurant . you will have no problem eating at the speciality restaurant.

Jeph is GREAT !!!!!! They should clone him for every NCL ship !!!!

(great help for DH in MDR and specialty....no problems at all)

I have some wild and strange food allergies. I haven't had trouble eating in any of the restaurants; the specialties are sometimes even better with this than the MDR.

Let your server know what your allergies are and they'll look out for you.