Carnival Coffee on the Breeze

Dee777

The last time we cruised, I found the coffee on the Lido to be somewhat not to my liking, to put it politely ;) I would purchase a latte every morning from the specialty coffee place, and after that whenever I wanted coffee in the room the rest of the day, I made my own.

I travel most everywhere with my coffee press and my favorite coffee. I would scoop the coffee into the press, walk up to the Lido and pour hot water in and by the time I got back to the room it was ready to press and enjoy with some Baileys on the balcony :D

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me if the coffee has improved, maybe they've switched brands? Also, before anyone gets a little excited, I would also like to mention I dispose of my grounds responsibly- I bring ziploc bags and put the grounds in them, seal and toss in the trash. No grounds in the drains, no mess for the steward.

Anyone else do this or have comments on the coffee on the Breeze?

TIA for your comments!

The last time we cruised, I found the coffee on the Lido to be somewhat not to my liking, to put it politely ;) I would purchase a latte every morning from the specialty coffee place, and after that whenever I wanted coffee in the room the rest of the day, I made my own.

I travel most everywhere with my coffee press and my favorite coffee. I would scoop the coffee into the press, walk up to the Lido and pour hot water in and by the time I got back to the room it was ready to press and enjoy with some Baileys on the balcony :D

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me if the coffee has improved, maybe they've switched brands? Also, before anyone gets a little excited, I would also like to mention I dispose of my grounds responsibly- I bring ziploc bags and put the grounds in them, seal and toss in the trash. No grounds in the drains, no mess for the steward.

Anyone else do this or have comments on the coffee on the Breeze?

TIA for your comments!

The coffee on the Lido is made from syrup and not brewed . Can't see syrup changing very much.

Edited by Kamloops50

Coffee syrup? My, doesn't that sound fresh tasting... blech!

That changed several years ago on Carnival.

I can't speak for the Breeze, but Lido coffee has been much improved in the last couple of years on Carnival. It's not as good as you'd make at home or the coffee shop sells, but it's drinkable.

That changed several years ago on Carnival.

I can't speak for the Breeze, but Lido coffee has been much improved in the last couple of years on Carnival. It's not as good as you'd make at home or the coffee shop sells, but it's drinkable.

Sweet! We haven't cruised since 2012 so hoping it's improved since then, thanks! I'm a terrible coffee addict :D

Are you talking about the coffee on lido buffet or the coffee shop where you purchase coffee? I don't drink "regular" coffee, only espresso based drinks, so I don't know about the free coffee, but every time I've purchased coffee at the coffee bar it's started with beans, like at Starbucks. They grind, tamp, and put into the espresso machine and pull the shot. (Like I do at home). As far as the quality, I like it fine, it's certainly worth the charge, which is comparable to Starbucks.