pre-cruise vs onboard concierge

rfkeith10

On past cruises we have relied on the concierge to make our dining and entertainment reservations. Now those reservations can be made in advance either online or through the pre-cruise concierge. Are there pros and cons for each method?

Thanks,

Ray & Teresia

On past cruises we have relied on the concierge to make our dining and entertainment reservations. Now those reservations can be made in advance either online or through the pre-cruise concierge. Are there pros and cons for each method?

Thanks,

Ray & Teresia

The only con to booking the dining reservations on line is that your credit card is charge at that time so you can't use any onboard credit for those charges. I believe only Teppanayaki books up fast and that your concierge on board can get most reservations for you with no problem. Our pre-concierge experience has been spotty - 1 cruise everything was taken care of when we arrived, the next cruise we had to ask and the room steward vs. the butler took care of our in room requests. We waited until on board for any concierge requests.

Omgosh... I've been researching this question all day. So, where is the pre-cruise reservation section? Is it available so many days out from your cruise?

It will be available in your myncl account for booking. I've read it is 45 days for most and 55 days in advance for suites.

We used the pre concierge for our Epic cruise last April and everything we requested was completed. It was nice to have one less thing to do/worry about when we boarded the ship.

We requested:

Extra pillows

Frige emptied

Chocolate covered strawberries in suite (we got 2 plates)

Extra towels

Coffee/creamer preferences

Dinner reservations

We definitely plan to use their services again for our June Getaway cruise.

I have been emailing with the pre-cruise concierge for our cruise out of NOLA to begin next Sunday. He has been able to book our reservations in the specialty restaurant, make arrangement for our special pillows and our bottles of booze/mixers to be pre-stocked in our suite, and most importantly, he has booked us in advance for massages. Getting the prime times for spa services, especially massages, is always difficult. The best times get snapped up the very first day and I hate waiting forlornly in line at the spa desk hoping for a good date and time to have my body rubbed with fragrant oils. If this thing with the advance massage reservations works out, I will be one happy, relaxed cruiser.

We received a letter from the pre-cruise concierge by snail mail along with our suite luggage tags. It arrived about a month ago, five weeks before our cruise. They have been responding very promptly to my emails.

WP