May be booking our 1st eastern and it goes here..good for kids ages 15,12 & 7?

loveysbydesign

Thinking of booking our 1st eastern for Nov. 2014.

Wondering if Nov. is a good time to visit as far as weather goes and if there are budget friendly excursions for a family of 5 with kids ages 15, 12 and 7?

Our last Car. cruise was a western in 2009 and we just did Chankanaab in Cozumel and took a taxi to ...I think it was Grand or Royal palms beach in Grand cayman.

We just want to relax, maybe snorkel and maybe one other thing that might interest the kids? I'm not picky, just happy to get away.

Our cruise will also go to St. Thomas/St. John so I'll need ideas for there too ;)

Edited by loveysbydesign

If you don't mind the toplessness, Orient is a good choice. Good bars/restaurants and chairs and umbrellas and plentiful. Nice beach with lots of activities, including jet skis, parasailing and water trampoline.

Edited by itsjb1

We are going to both islands for the first time in February. We are taking our kids (5 and 8). We've decided on Le Galion beach in St Maarten and Trunk Bay in St Thomas. I've heard great things about both for kids.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

We are going to both islands for the first time in February. We are taking our kids (5 and 8). We've decided on Le Galion beach in St Maarten and Trunk Bay in St Thomas. I've heard great things about both for kids.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Look forward to hearing how you all liked it! We ended up booking a cruise for 11/9/14...will be celebrating my 40th birthday!:p

Edited by loveysbydesign

St. Thomas, Saphire beach is beautiful with some snorkeling.

Are all the beaches in St. Martin topless?

There is a chance to see topless women at any beach on either side of SXM, though it is unlikely at the beach by Philipsburg. I've been to most beaches over multiple stays and seen it at all of them. Orient beach has a fully nude section that is clearly marked and a couple of the smaller, more hidden beaches may have full nudity.

The island is easy to drive, though traffic can get rough at times, esp. around Philipsburg and the airport.

Went to St. Marteen with our kids last year, 14, 17 & 19. I can't remember the tour company we used but we went to a floating dock and snorkeled, lounged around on the floating dock and also had some drinks and snacks on it. The snorkeling was fun, there is a local barracuda that hangs out under it, a few sunken wrecks to snorkel over and it was just a great day. When we were ready to leave we got back back on the water taxi, my parents went back to the ship and we stayed on the water taxi and got dropped of in town to walk around for a while. This year we didn't stop at St. Marteen and the kids said they wished it was one of our stops as it was probably one of their favorite ports.

Pay It Forward. Be kind.