Elemis Absolute Spa Ritual or Hot stone massage

Hi all, has anyone here tried the Elemis Absolute Spa Ritual or the Hot stone massage? ...or even the bamboo massage? (what the heck is a bamboo massage)

What are your thoughts, what kind of scents did they use in the hot stone massage?

How was your overall spa experience?

I have a Elemis Absolute Spa Ritual set up, but I am thinking about canceling it since it includes a facial, I love a good facial, but I am worried I might get too much sun, and then that would be very unpleasant.

I personally prefer the Absolute Spa Ritual. You get the best of both worlds... a facial and a massage. I'm not too keen on the hot stone massage. They position the hot stones around your shoulders, neck, etc and I found it a bit uncomfortable. But that's just my opinion. I know lots of folks love the hot stones.

Personally, I don't think any of the 'fancy' massages are worth the extra money.

If I do have more massages on board they will just be the 'plain' ones like a deep tissue or the special packages like pick three at 20 minutes each.

(The bamboo is like a big rolling pin that they use on large muscles. The hot stones they held in their hand and used them rather than their fingers.)

R

on my last cruise I got both a hot stone and a deep tissue massage.

The hot stone was really relaxing, she used both hot stones and her hands for the massage.

The only difference between the deep tissue I got and a regular massage was that I paid extra for it. Now I'm not sure if that is because the person was bad or what but the deep tissue wasn't worth the money. The hot stone was worth the money.

I love all of the treatments. My gift to "ME" when I'm on a cruise

Totally agree! I have had the bamboo done before on the jewel and would never do it again. I don't know if it was the girl or the service but I was in so much pain for the rest of the cruise doing something simple like blow drying my hair was painful. I feel like she just beat me with a stick lol. I always get the deep tissue because I like a "rougher" type of massage because my muscles are always tight and sore, but the bamboo was way to intense for me I even bruised. When I normally book the deep tissue they always try and upsell the bamboo but I'm to afraid anymore to stray away from what I'm used to and enjoy.

I love the hot stones massage. As mentioned by the previous poster, it included both hand and stones in the hands. I found that the stones provided a deeper heat than you would have with a hot pack.

If you are unsure of what you want to schedule, have you considered one of the daily specials that offer a selection of two or more different mini-services? I did that one time and that's how I learned that I loved hot stones while I realized I'd rather have a facial from my local spa, after the cruise.

Enjoy your vacation!

I love the hot stones. They really get into the muscle without hurting, kinda melts it away. Yes, they use their hands too, the stones just help the process along.

I personally prefer longer massages rather than short (mini) ones. 90 minutes gives them the time to get the knots and still time for full relaxation. AHHHH!