Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo on Fantasy

Truffle

Has anyone done the Royal Sea Package? How about any of the other packages? We are completely new to DCL and will be sailing Aug. 30th on the Fantasy. Our granddaughter will be 4 1/2 and is completely into her Princess phase. I was reading a little about the Royal Sea Package in the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo. As it includes three character choices, do they do them on certain days to coordinate with particular themes or do you have your choice as to when to do them? For anyone who has done this, do you think it was worth it? What age was your child (children?)

Done it, no. Seen it, yes. Too pricey in my opinion. And it takes about an hour each time--does a 4 year old want to sit for an hour of hair and "beauty" 3 times during the cruise? And one trip to the pool and it's gone.

YOU are in control of which outfit/makeup is done when.

More cost effective options--get princess dresses at the Disney Store, wear what she already has, etc. Etsy, e-bay, amazon, etc. Do ONE deal rather than the 3 time royal deal. Fall cruisers--check sales near/after Halloween for deals. We had one little friend who had a different princess dress for each of her 7 nights!

I was almost ready to pull the Bibbidi Bobbidi trigger for my youngest daughter once upon a time.......then I found out my oldest wanted to go as well! That took care of that......my wife took the girls shopping at the disney store before our trip and they had a makeover session in the room instead. Saved Dad a lot o green!!

We didn't do the Royal package, but we did do just one and had taken our own dress.

DD is almost 5 and whilst she enjoyed it she got bored having to sit still and found her dress itchy and couldn't wait to take it off. I also hadn't realised that there was a choice of hairstyles, not just the bun on top of the head one, and she picked one with awful long dangly hair extension bits which looked awful. I certainly wouldn't have wanted her dressed like that on more than one occasion as she just didn't look like herself.

On another day I popped a sparkly clip in her hair, sprayed some glitter hairspray and some clear lip gloss on her and she was just as happy.

If we did another Disney cruise we wouldn't do BBB again.

I wish that they opened some times for us older princesses. I think that she would love it but I have heard that most little ones have a hard time sitting still. My friend's daughter was 5 and about 1/2 through she had a break down. So going through that 3 time would be hard. I would see if you could do it once and see how she does and then upgrade onboard to the bigger package if possible

Can the princess packages be reserved after you board, or are they usually sold out by then?

IME they hold about half back for booking aboard. Do book any time slot if possible online at your checkin time. Then if your not happy with the time, adjust it immediately once aboard. Ask where to go to reschedule. The location can vary aboard, and is not always in BBB.

Fwiw my DD6, DD8, have done the Mermaid package and enjoyed it. :)

If you don't want one aspect, say "no please." Such as all that glitter pixie dust they put in their hair. ;)

These CMs in BBB are amazing. Fwiw they cannot take cash tips, but a note about their performance is always welcome. Theses notes can lead to promotions, bonuses, and time off. :cool:

Edited by bear3412