Can I change cabins after final payment?

rok233

Can someone tell me whether or not I can change my cabin after final payment deadline? I'd like to change my to another cabin that's in the same category. Also, can I upgrade to a higher category and pay the price difference?

Can someone tell me whether or not I can change my cabin after final payment deadline? I'd like to change my to another cabin that's in the same category. Yes, you can--unless your booked a GTY.

Also, can I upgrade to a higher category and pay the price difference? Yes, you can, even if you booked GTY.

The first response here is correct for at least the first part. There is no fee for switching within your same category, as long as you are not booked as a guarantee (where Carnival picks your room). Even if you are Early Saver, there is still no fee, before or after final payment. And you can upgrade and pay the difference, if there is any. No fees.

Early Saver is not supposed to allow downgrading ever, but you can move sideways or upgrade for no fee, even after final payment. All other rates that let you pick your own room will allow downgrades before final payment for no fee, and then after final payment, sideways or upgrades are allowed for no fee, just paying any difference in price.

There are restrictions on guarantee bookings. Super Saver has a nonrefundable deposit, and the rate & ship/sail date is set in stone, but I haven't seen if they would allow for upgrades before or after final payment. This rate is not available after final payment, so it's hard to say. Instant Saver/Pack & Go has the whole amount nonrefundable with no changes allowed. Super Saver might allow for upgrades; Instant Saver sounds like it doesn't. Since these are rates where Carnival picks your room for you, you definitely cannot switch within the same category or room type. You cannot ask for a different room assignment once a room is assigned to you.

Edited by k2excursion

The first response here is correct for at least the first part. There is no fee for switching within your same category, as long as you are not booked as a guarantee (where Carnival picks your room). Even if you are Early Saver, there is still no fee, before or after final payment. And you can upgrade and pay the difference, if there is any. No fees.

Early Saver is not supposed to allow downgrading ever, but you can move sideways or upgrade for no fee, even after final payment. All other rates that let you pick your own room will allow downgrades before final payment for no fee, and then after final payment, sideways or upgrades are allowed for no fee, just paying any difference in price.

There are restrictions on guarantee bookings. Super Saver has a nonrefundable deposit, and the rate & ship/sail date is set in stone, but I haven't seen if they would allow for upgrades before or after final payment. This rate is not available after final payment, so it's hard to say. Instant Saver/Pack & Go has the whole amount nonrefundable with no changes allowed. Super Saver might allow for upgrades; Instant Saver sounds like it doesn't. Since these are rates where Carnival picks your room for you, you definitely cannot switch within the same category or room type. You cannot ask for a different room assignment once a room is assigned to you.

Good post

Actually--I know part 2 to be for fact since they let me upgrade my Instant Saver cabin for my Honeymoon. We initially booked an inside GTY cabin using Instant Saver three weeks out from sail. We thought about it for a week, prices dropped for GTY balconies, and we were able to upgrade for the price difference. They'll allow upgrades to a higher category as long as there is a monetary difference--they won't upgrade for free even if the price is the same.