Current entertainment on Dream

Hi all,

Has anybody been or is currently on Thomson. dream.

Just wondered what the current entertainment is. Is there anybody unmissable or completely missable.

Also are there any interesting talks or demonstrations

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Happy cousin

Lou

It's the usual things so if you like what you have seen in the past then you will be fine.

As an aside did anyone watch THE VOICE last night ? If so those that have been on the Dream this winter will have noticed Chris from the showteam being one of those backstage with Kelsey Beth Crossley from Emmerdale who chose Ricky as her mentor.

It's the usual things so if you like what you have seen in the past then you will be fine.

As an aside did anyone watch THE VOICE last night ? If so those that have been on the Dream this winter will have noticed Chris from the showteam being one of those backstage with Kelsey Beth Crossley from Emmerdale who chose Ricky as her mentor.

Hi there HT :) Hope you and Mrs HT are good. Yes....... just watched it back on catch-up and spotted Chris. What's the connection do you know? Was he just there as a friend /supporter or did he audition himself?

Edited by kruzseeka

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

Has anybody been or is currently on Thomson. dream.

Just wondered what the current entertainment is. Is there anybody unmissable or completely missable.

Also are there any interesting talks or demonstrations

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Happy cousin

Lou

When we were on at Christmas and New Year the entertainment was poor. Most evenings the show lounge was only half full and it wasn't unusual for people to walk out, with the exceptions of the Comedians and the crew show when the show lounge was packed. There didn't seem to be any strong singers on, the dancing and the close harmonies were fine but the solo's were poor in my opinion. :rolleyes:

Edited by Tina.w12

We were also on at Christmas and the team is very young and showed ( many walked out ). I think after a few months they should get better. Singers were very weak and dancer out of sync. The Comedians both weeks were very good and kept the house full as on the nights of the crew show to. The so called Deck Fest is a D I Y Entertainment. Have some ear plugs ready.:D Entertanment no were near as good as we have seen over many years.:rolleyes:

We were also on at Christmas and the team is very young and showed ( many walked out ). I think after a few months they should get better. Singers were very weak and dancer out of sync. The Comedians both weeks were very good and kept the house full as on the nights of the crew show to. The so called Deck Fest is a D I Y Entertainment. Have some ear plugs ready.:D Entertanment no were near as good as we have seen over many years.:rolleyes:

I would agree that sadly that was our opinion in December too. It wasn't a strong show team - but that is something which can vary from cruise to cruise depending on the composition of the team. So that aspect could be very different in a few months' time as teams change.

However the changes in the mix of shows - or at least the reduction in number of production shows is a management driven move which is no doubt another cost saving measure. Of course the CD will say (primed to say?) that this is all part of Thomson offering more choice of entertainment for their guests. Oh yes? A Deck fest = a deck party which we used to get after the show, not instead of...…and as for the CD doing a show one evening in the show lounge didn't that use to be the kind of thing they did as a late night cabaret in Liberties, Medusa etc again not to replace a show?

I can't see how this is giving us more entertainment either in type or amount! :confused:

Edited by kruzseeka

Some of you are saying that people walked out of the show. Sorry, but personally I think this is bad manners. Yes the team are young and not as strong or experienced, but audiences should be encouraging them. The team seeing this must get very demoralised when they see this happening.

Some of you are saying that people walked out of the show. Sorry, but personally I think this is bad manners. Yes the team are young and not as strong or experienced, but audiences should be encouraging them. The team seeing this must get very demoralised when they see this happening.

I haven't found it necessary to walk out on a ship but walked out of a Meatloaf concert once as it was rotten. I think people are entitled to leave if they are not enjoying it. If they were being abusive or if they were interrupting the performance, then that is a different matter. If they slipped out during applause then I don't see anything wrong with that. I don't go on a cruise to encourage the show team.

Edited by Little Nell

I have been at other cruiseline shows where people walked out too. We were surprised as we thought the shows were actually very good. I wonder sometimes if people watch the first show, stay in for the second, then think, "Yawwwwwn, time for bed" and off they go :rolleyes:

Or they may have got in late for the first show and stayed to see the first bit? Just a thought :)

I haven't found it necessary to walk out on a ship but walked out of a Meatloaf concert once as it was rotten. I think people are entitled to leave if they are not enjoying it. If they were being abusive or if they were interrupting the performance, then that is a different matter. If they slipped out during applause then I don't see anything wrong with that. I don't go on a cruise to encourage the show team.
Yes I think I agree :) if it is done tactfully. Had to laugh though that "Meat loaf were rotten" phewww!