S&S card and a minor

lharry

I am taking a teenage friend of my sons on our cruise this year. I have checked in online and noticed that any minor has to be attached to our spending account (with or without charging privileges).

The plan was for him to use his credit card for his own expenses (credit card is in his name) and we would go to the Guest Services desk once on board to do this.

So my question is this...can he have his own account on board? Or does he have to be on our account since he is a minor?

Thanks!

You can do it on the ship at the kiosk. You can also set limits so they don't overspend.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

How do you set limits?

Do you set them up when doing your online registration and set limits when you get there or do it all when you get there?

Thanks

I am taking a teenage friend of my sons on our cruise this year. I have checked in online and noticed that any minor has to be attached to our spending account (with or without charging privileges).

The plan was for him to use his credit card for his own expenses (credit card is in his name) and we would go to the Guest Services desk once on board to do this.

So my question is this...can he have his own account on board? Or does he have to be on our account since he is a minor?

Thanks!

That is a good question. I really don't know. So what I would do is go to Guest Services when you get onboard and they will tell you whether he/she can use their own card. Good luck!

You do it all at the kiosk using the adult's sail and sign card. They do not have access to change it if they are under 18. We had to set limits for my 13 year old sister after she spent $75 in the arcade.

You do it all at the kiosk using the adult's sail and sign card. They do not have access to change it if they are under 18. We had to set limits for my 13 year old sister after she spent $75 in the arcade.

Sorry I am not sure I'm fully understanding this process. When I am doing my online registration before our cruise, do I include her on the account and then put limits on when we get to the ship? Or leave her off the account and do it all when we get there?

Thanks

Sorry I am not sure I'm fully understanding this process. When I am doing my online registration before our cruise, do I include her on the account and then put limits on when we get to the ship? Or leave her off the account and do it all when we get there?

Thanks

I'm using cash for my SS card I set up my own account cash, then parents with their cc.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1396058400,-8,ca_celebrity,cruising%20the%20Pacific%20Coastal%20on%20Century