handicap room legend

cmdr tim

I am using a handicap room on the legend with a balcony . I just called carnival line and was told there may be a 7 in step going out to the balcony,. Has anyone used a handicap room on the legend and know this is a fact.

Also is there a web site with pictures of a handicap room on the legend.

thank you in advance

quote.gif

I don't know about this ship or cruise line but most will provide a VERY steep ramp to access the balcony if you request it. Ask the cruise line to send you photos of the room. HAL did this for us with no problems.

• 3 weeks later...

I would say the step up was more like 10 inches and the ramp, about the same 10 inches wide, is attached. It's like a 90 degree angle though to get up it and very little room to manuveur into that area. I think the room was 8234. If you plan on little balcony time it isn't worth the extra you pay for the extended balcony. And the blow dryers are hidden in the desk drawer and require constant pressure on the ON switch to blow. Very weird feature and that was my AB friends' comments on the dryers.

But then they have some of the best bathrooms going between them, Norwegian's Sun and Celebrity's Galaxy. Very large, easy entrance and appropriate height surfaces. Best of all--a full length squeegee in case you flood the floor while showering. You can easily dry it off and then transfer safely.

Archived