Swaliga 2 Anguilla Trip

DENNICH

I am going to be in St. Maarten in March. I see that there is a 3 stop trip to Anguilla on the Swaliga 2 that leaves from Bobby's Marina. Just wondering if any cruise passengers have taken this trip before? It is scheduled to leave at 9:00 and get back at 4:00. My ship leaves at 5:00, which makes me a little nervous about cutting it close. I have always wanted to go to Anguilla. My brother used to live on Anguilla back in the 90's and he raves about it. I know that there is always the option to take the ferry over, but that would make me even more nervous. Thanks for any information given.

• 2 weeks later...

You and i have the same thought and i called them directly about it. Spoke with Capt. Bob and he said he would never advise it for cruiseship passengers. He said it would take us a few hours to get there then between checking in at customs/immigration to go in Anguilla as well as later checking back into St.Maarten is already a few hours. He also said God forbid there was some engine trouble or something,u would be left by the ship so he does not advise that.. He said its only advisable for stay in people.. I was at a mind to book that too but was not to sure of the time so i called and thats what they told me. Hope that helps.. If u want u can give them a call too or shoot them an email..

You and i have the same thought and i called them directly about it. Spoke with Capt. Bob and he said he would never advise it for cruiseship passengers. He said it would take us a few hours to get there then between checking in at customs/immigration to go in Anguilla as well as later checking back into St.Maarten is already a few hours. He also said God forbid there was some engine trouble or something,u would be left by the ship so he does not advise that.. He said its only advisable for stay in people.. I was at a mind to book that too but was not to sure of the time so i called and thats what they told me. Hope that helps.. If u want u can give them a call too or shoot them an email..

Thanks for your information. I think I will stay on St. Maarten and forget the Anguilla trip. I have been thinking about Capt. Bob and taking his snorkeling trip that stops at 3 places. He gets lots of great reviews.

• 2 years later...

To avoid any confusion, I think it best to point out that Captain Bob Cass (who used to captain Swaliga2 is now operating Soualiga Destinations. These are two different companies. Not sure why a two and one-half year old thread was resurrected.

To avoid any confusion, I think it best to point out that Captain Bob Cass (who used to captain Swaliga2 is now operating Soualiga Destinations. These are two different companies. Not sure why a two and one-half year old thread was resurrected.

He resurrected a thread that had been dormant for 10 yrs last week so he could give us the name and email address of a scooter company so I think I have a pretty good idea why this thread was brought back from the dead as well. Hopefully, someone with some power here will catch on to this.