Barcelona cable car

lorrdean

Hi, we will be in Barcelona on our next cruise. Now we have been before and have done the usual touristy things, this time we want to go up the cable car at the port, up to Montjuic Castle. My question is: is it an easy walk to the cable car station? or will we need a shuttle bus? Not sure where my ship will dock.

Hi, we will be in Barcelona on our next cruise. Now we have been before and have done the usual touristy things, this time we want to go up the cable car at the port, up to Montjuic Castle. My question is: is it an easy walk to the cable car station? or will we need a shuttle bus? Not sure where my ship will dock.

try to ask this question in trip advisor forum. You will get an answer faster.

Montjuic castle and the cable car station are reasonably far apart. You can take the metro to a small spur line that will take you most of the way to the castle. From the end of the spur line you walk a few feet and get on a ski lift looking thing that will take you up to the castle and bring you back down.

The cable car station is a few minutes walk from where you get on/off the ski lift. The other end of the cable car will drop you off about a mile walk from the port entrance. There was a time when you could get off the cable car at the midpoint but I don't think you can do that anymore.

The castle is worth seeing and the views from it and from the cable car is very impressive. The cable car is challenging for folks with a fear of heights.