Why can't we make payments in excursions?

hannahsmomtoo

I paid the cruise in full..and FTTF.

Then I paid my HMC cabana...

but Atlantis is an arm and a leg and I would like to book it and just pay each payday a little towards it...

Any idea wy that isnt allowed?

I guess maybe I should have paid for only PART of the cruise...

then paid my exursions in full and paid the cruise off last.....

I think you have to pay the cruise off before you can book excursions. Otherwise you could cancel the cruise and have excursions tied up for those that have paid and plan to cruise.

I think the same reason is true for the way you pay for excursions. They want to make sure you are going and don't want you to cancel at the last minute because you don't have the money.

It would be nice to be able to pay for excursions in smaller installments although I can understand -- as one of the other posters has already brought it up as a good point -- Carnival not wanting people to book 10 excursions at a time (thereby preventing others the ability to book) and then decide at the last minute to back out. Then you would create a situation were excursions would seem to "sell out" way in advance. It seems like the current system works best although it is nice to dream...

Thanks for all the responses. I guess I see it from both sides....

I just really would like to have Atlantis BOOKED....and make payments... Guess I will just save up.

Does anyone know if Carnival Gift cards can be used towards excursions BEFORE You sail? I do have a few of those...

Also - is there a risk of the AquaAdventure selling out?

For example - I need two tickets but can only get one this payday...

Any chance they will sell out and I will be up the creek? ( no pun intended ! )

There is another thread going today about doing this via a day pass at a hotel next door for much less money and taking taxi back and forth.

Can you book the excursion and pay for it in full using a second or third credit card that you never use? Then you could pay off the credit card as your budget permits.

I don't usually recommend using credit cards for financing because the interest rates are so high. You will pay interest on the full amount from day 1. But even if you booked 6 months ahead and paid it off evenly over time, the interest charges would only be about $20 on a $500 excursion.

A word of caution, you don't want to put this on your regular card and then pay everything off except the balance related to the excurision. That will trigger interest from day 1 on all your credit card purchases, including the ones you pay off on the regular due date.

Can you book the excursion and pay for it in full using a second or third credit card that you never use? Then you could pay off the credit card as your budget permits.

I don't usually recommend using credit cards for financing because the interest rates are so high. You will pay interest on the full amount from day 1. But even if you booked 6 months ahead and paid it off evenly over time, the interest charges would only be about $20 on a $500 excursion.

A word of caution, you don't want to put this on your regular card and then pay everything off except the balance related to the excurision. That will trigger interest from day 1 on all your credit card purchases, including the ones you pay off on the regular due date.

That is a good idea.. I just ( as you mentioned ) try and avoid the card thing. I was so excited to pay in full AND get a cabana that I didnt even realize that Atlantis is almost $400 for both of us!

and I did see the other thread about booking at a nearby hotel for cheaper.. but there were also some people who posted some warnings about doing so.