Carnival Dream Premium Vista Balcony Reviews?

lola23048

Hi everyone!

My husband and I are thinking about booking a cruise on the Carnival Dream and are considering either the "Premium Vista Balcony" that wraps around the stateroom (specifically room 6479, Upper Deck, Aft) or an "Aft-View Extended Balcony" (choice between Upper and Empress Decks). Was wondering if anyone has previously had either of these rooms and could provide some insight about them or which might be better.

We prefer something that's more quiet and private so was looking to get any feedback/advice!

We were in 7459, the Empress Deck Aft last June. Loved the cabin. It didn't have a sofa, but I understand that the 6th floor does. Very quiet. Almost no noise from the hallways. Quiet on the balcony. The balcony gets hot during the day, but you can go to the side and it has an overhang that is much cooler. We loved watching the wake. We started every day with breakfast/coffee on deck and ended each evening just relaxing. I would book that room again in a heartbeat. I understand that deck 6 is even larger. The downfall (from what I've read) is you might hear some noise at early night or early in the morning. When we went, the water was a little choppy the first couple of days. I could feel the ship move, but it wasn't horrible. I never felt sick. The end of the cruise was very smooth. I think you would enjoy that cabin.

Thank you! I was wondering if the empress deck would be quieter than deck 6. I have seen a review for the Premium Vista Balcony room that's available, and it seems that it is above the lounge/club which I think would be an issue.

Would anyone happen to know if there's a difference between the empress deck and the spa balcony rooms? I imagine the spa level might be quieter?

Thanks!

We had 6479 on the Dream in 2011. That was our first aft wrap and we have been hooked ever since. Loved that cabin and the balcony space is totally worth it. There is a sofa. You have both a side view and an aft view. Shade on the side and sun in the back. 2 loungers and 3 chairs and 2 small tables. We had heard that with the promenade one deck below that there would be no privacy and that we would have people staring at us. Not the case at all. In fact, we rarely saw anyone at the back of the ship. The busiest time was on elegant night when people were out taking pictures. Very quiet and peaceful. I would def. chose the aft wrap over the aft extended.

Thanks bigguy, I'd definitely love to know what your experience is! And enjoy!

Rena921, was that room above the lounge/club on the ship? I saw a review for that room and that's what it said. I'm worried about having to listen to the sound system.

Thanks bigguy, I'd definitely love to know what your experience is! And enjoy!

Rena921, was that room above the lounge/club on the ship? I saw a review for that room and that's what it said. I'm worried about having to listen to the sound system.

It is, but we never really anything.

We had 6479 in March 2012 and I totally agree with the previous poster who stayed in the same cabin. We LOVED that cabin and it was always peaceful and quiet. We saw a few people on deck 5 at sail away and then a few sparsely through the week. People just didn't linger there at all. We would book the same cabin again in a heartbeat :) The deck 6 wraps are the largest ones on the ship and the balconies are pretty amazing. There is plenty of space on them where you cannot be seen from above or below.

ETA: Our friends stayed a few cabins over on the mid/aft on that sailing. They said that the only time that they heard noise from the lounge was the music at the intro of the comedian.

Edited by Athankfulheart