Princess Pina Colada Soup Recipe

gopher's girl

Can anyone answer my question?

I would love to have the recipe for the Pina Colada soup served on Princess. They serve it in a hurricane glass, it is cold but with no ice in it. I have had it with a nutty flavored crouton floating on top. Would love to make this at home and I promise to share the recipe if I can ever duplicate it! If you can share any ideas on what it might be and I can try to modify it from there that will help!

Thanks!

• 6 months later...

Well being a chef. If someone asked me to make it, I'd start with pureeing fresh pineapple. You'd probably have to add some liquid to thin it a bit. Choices for this would be either water or pinapple juice. Then I'd get some coconut flavouring and add a bit at a time. You can always add but you can't take it out. Now for the rum, same principal applies of course.

To be honest I can't think of a seasoning.:confused: Hope this helps.

Being a retired chef.....

I'd take a can of Creme de Coconut and add pineapple juice and a splash of rum. Just add more pineapple juice until it's the consistency you want. If you want a 'chunky' soup, you could always add a small can of crushed pineapple.

For a special presentation, after ladeling into the bowls you could put a dollop of whipped cream and a stemmed cherry.:)

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone answer my question?

I would love to have the recipe for the Pina Colada soup served on Princess. They serve it in a hurricane glass' date=' it is cold but with no ice in it. I have had it with a nutty flavored crouton floating on top. Would love to make this at home and I promise to share the recipe if I can ever duplicate it! If you can share any ideas on what it might be and I can try to modify it from there that will help!

Thanks![/quote']

If you go to the Princess website...there is an area that you can ask for recipes from the ship. I did that for the raspberry creme brulee served on the Caribbean Princess in the Sterling Restaurant....within a day I got the recipe. Hope you find it!

Being a retired chef.....

I'd take a can of Creme de Coconut and add pineapple juice and a splash of rum. Just add more pineapple juice until it's the consistency you want. If you want a 'chunky' soup, you could always add a small can of crushed pineapple.

For a special presentation, after ladeling into the bowls you could put a dollop of whipped cream and a stemmed cherry.:)

And an umbrella, LOL

Archived