Does anyone know what happened on the Gem January CTN

Birdnutty

I keep looking to see if anyone posted, but nobody has so far. Weirdest thing..... at 2:30 AM, two announcements were made over the general loudspeaker paging a certain person. Very strange to have announcements at that wee hour of the morning. Next morning, another announcement made - different first name but same last name. Next morning, we were several hours delayed in disembarking in NYC. They kept coming on and saying that it was a little while longer until we were cleared by the authorities. Nobody could leave the ship until after 9:30. That's really late.

We had heard that someone had a seizure in the elevator, but I doubt that would have anything to do with late disembarking.

Anyone have any idea?

I keep looking to see if anyone posted, but nobody has so far. Weirdest thing..... at 2:30 AM, two announcements were made over the general loudspeaker paging a certain person. Very strange to have announcements at that wee hour of the morning. Next morning, another announcement made - different first name but same last name. Next morning, we were several hours delayed in disembarking in NYC. They kept coming on and saying that it was a little while longer until we were cleared by the authorities. Nobody could leave the ship until after 9:30. That's really late.

We had heard that someone had a seizure in the elevator, but I doubt that would have anything to do with late disembarking.

Anyone have any idea?

I was on that CTN also. I've been checking cc and our roll call. I was wondering what happened also. I don't think it was by of a seizure. It seemed like a passenger couldn't be found. It was very strange.

I was on that CTN also. I've been checking cc and our roll call. I was wondering what happened also. I don't think it was by of a seizure. It seemed like a passenger couldn't be found. It was very strange.

That's what we thought too. I know the cruiselines are very tightlipped about this kind of negative stuff, so if something bad happened, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the news had been squashed as much as possible.

I just hope nothing bad did happen. But with the amount of stupid things people are capable of doing, anything is possible.