Excursion help please!

We will be in Cozumel for the 4th time and Grand Cayman for the 2nd time on FOS in March. Our kids are really want to "swim with the dolphins". Any suggestions for dolphin excursions at these two ports in greatly appreciated. :D

I can't help I am afraid as have never done these types of excursions but have you tried asking over on the relevant port boards?

This is the Cozumel board...

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210

This is the Cayman Islands board...

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=147

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Jo :)

My family swam with the dolphins in Cozumel at Chankanaab. It was wonderful. I would highly recommend looking into it. Check the excursions page here.
I agree, check dolphindiscovery.com and book direct. Kids? Not so sure about Grand Cayman. Turtle Farm might be fun is they are not afraid of Sting Rays then those both through Captain Marvins!

BonVoyage

Dawna

My family swam with the dolphins in Cozumel at Chankanaab. It was wonderful. I would highly recommend looking into it. Check the excursions page here.

So did we, and we also really enjoyed it. There is a lot to do at the park. We could have used another four hours there! Read up on it.

Just be aware that you can't take photos of the dolphin interaction, and the photos from their photographer are very expensive. It was something like $35 for one image and $70 for all the images per person There is a discount the more people you have. We had seven people on one DVD, and it was under $400.

I've done the Dolphins-In-Depth program with my wheelchair bound son,at Disney, and loved it. A couple that we cruised with did the Dolphin swim at Cozumel with their daughter who worked on the ship. The Dolphin made it's first pass at her and sliced her ankle. Then came at her and hit her in the chest, tossing her out of the water. She was floating in the water, no one who worked there would go in after her. Her husband jumped in and got her out. While they were loading her to take her to the hospital, the staff was trying to coax other guest into the water with the dolphin. Neither the cruise line or the tour company took responsibility for her injuries. Swimming with the dolphins is a wonderful experience, I'm just not sure I'd do it outside the US.

We just did the dolphins in December. We booked through dolphindiscovery dot com. It's at Chankanaab, which is a great place in itself. As mentioned before, the picture CD is crazy expensive ($300 for 7 of us), but well worth it since it's a once in a lifetime experience. My kids are 9,9, and 10,and my niece and her friend went also (both 16). Everyone loved it. The website gives discounts the earlier you book, so look into it soon. I think I got 25% off for booking 45 days early. We did the Dolphin swim adventure (there are a few different things you can choose from). One little hint....when I was booking, I went on chat to ask a question, and she said that if I booked with her at that point, then I could get 15 minutes with a manatee as a bonus. So go on chat and ask something to get that bonus. It was just sitting there and feeding it lettuce as it swam by, but it was cool to see it up close. Have a great time, your kids will LOVE it!!!

Make sure you find out exactly what is a dophin swim. Our swim? was standing chest deep water and the dolphins approached us and we touched them, Other "dolphin swims" you get to go in the water and interact with them; more like swimming. The cost of the two types can be significant

We did Grand Cayman and Cozumel last year with our kids. On the Cozumel day we went to Chankanauub for the Dolphin swim and on the Grand Cayman day we did Captain Marvins for swimming with Stingrays and 2 snorkel stops. We had crappy weather in Cozumel so, for us, there was not much to do at Chankanauub other than the dolphin thing but they made it work. It was a great memory for the kids. You also go to a sea Lion show and for $10 your kids can get a picture with a Sea Lion kissing them. I, personally, enjoyed the stingrays better. Maybe it was just the weather or how enjoyable our crew was. Who knows? But it was awesome.

I agree with another poster. If you do Chankanauub or the Stingray swim, book on your own. It is so easy to get to both and you get a lot more out of your money and your day. As far as pictures with the Dolphins it is absolutely ridiculous. We just opted for a few pictures at a la carte pricing. Look for deals for the dolphin swim online. I did a live chat with someone and ended up with a better deal as well and she threw in the 10 minute Manatee time. They have at least 3 different levels of the dolphin swim as well. We did the Royal Swim, which was a lot of time with the dolphins and worth it to us.

Debbie

Edited by debbs0723

We will be in Cozumel for the 4th time and Grand Cayman for the 2nd time on FOS in March. Our kids are really want to "swim with the dolphins". Any suggestions for dolphin excursions at these two ports in greatly appreciated. :D

We were just at Dophinaris in Cozumel on Dec. 30th. It was amazing!! We loved every minute.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app