Good decision for B6 on Getaway??

3DBeach

I need advice...we were booked on the Pearl, switched to the Getaway, was booked in BA on deck 14 but the balconies look super small...switched to B6 large balcony on deck 9 and second guessing myself (again).

Just a little info...my parents are sailing with us and we wanted cabins next door to each other. The balcony is the highlight of my parents trip (they don't use the pool, slides or attend shows) and I want them to be happy. The only thing i'm worried about now is that my dad joked and said he'll have to leave an hour before he wants to eat to get to the buffet since its in the back of the ship LOL

For anyone who has sailed in either category BA or B6 (or both) please let me hear pros and cons.

I haven't sailed the Getaway yet, but I just booked her after a long week of reviewing all I could find. I was in a very similar situation to you.

For my cruise, the balcony room was approximately $900 and the actual balcony is about 35 sq. ft. We decided to go with an aft balcony on deck 9 for about $1100. The aft has a 155 sq ft balcony, I believe, plus it may be closer to the dining rooms (not 100% sure about that).

For us, the balcony size was the main consideration as we are not "lay out by the pool all day" people, fighting for a lounger, etc.

Good luck!

Probably close to your parents age plus we have same feelings of them about how we spend our time. We booked B6 on Getaway next month. It is really not that far to eat. I think your Dad said it in jest. They will love it!!!! Other balconies are way to small!!!

I need advice...we were booked on the Pearl, switched to the Getaway, was booked in BA on deck 14 but the balconies look super small...switched to B6 large balcony on deck 9 and second guessing myself (again).

Just a little info...my parents are sailing with us and we wanted cabins next door to each other. The balcony is the highlight of my parents trip (they don't use the pool, slides or attend shows) and I want them to be happy. The only thing i'm worried about now is that my dad joked and said he'll have to leave an hour before he wants to eat to get to the buffet since its in the back of the ship LOL

For anyone who has sailed in either category BA or B6 (or both) please let me hear pros and cons.

Really? LOL I was looking to move us and my parents there as well. The price dropped and the balcony is much larger. I like the aft-facing, but don't think my parents will enjoy that, so this is good (I hope) It doesn't look like it's in a noisy area at all, and I like that it's both covered and open.

Today. I saw the video of the new getaway and their balconies and I can't believe how small they look. They look like you can't even move the chairs straight facing the water. Seems kind of silly to me to build such a huge ship with such small balconies. We just got off the reflection thanksgiving and we had a balcony on their hump. Now we have a guaranteed balcony and we hope to get a decent sized one.

Howard

Really? LOL I was looking to move us and my parents there as well. The price dropped and the balcony is much larger. I like the aft-facing, but don't think my parents will enjoy that, so this is good (I hope) It doesn't look like it's in a noisy area at all, and I like that it's both covered and open.

I'm pretty sure it is both covered and open like you said. They literally are twice the size of the regular balconies as well as most of the mini suite balconies. I truly felt like with what we're already spending what is a little bit more? I think my parents will be much happier. How many cabins do you guys have?

We have sailed many times. We've had balcony, extended balcony, a suite and the aft balcony. The aft balcony is the best by far. We have never had any problem with noise or movement. We laughed at one post that stated there was so much sun. ( Who would have thought?) We are sailing the Getaway in September. I changed from a Haven courtyard suite to an aft suite. The distance from the Haven played a big part in my original booking. After studying the deck plan, I moved to the aft suite. We are at the back of the ship but then many of the places we will visit during the day are also at the back or middle of the ship. I guarantee you will all spend many happy hours on your balcony. Happy sailing.

We have sailed many times. We've had balcony, extended balcony, a suite and the aft balcony. The aft balcony is the best by far. We have never had any problem with noise or movement. We laughed at one post that stated there was so much sun. ( Who would have thought?) We are sailing the Getaway in September. I changed from a Haven courtyard suite to an aft suite. The distance from the Haven played a big part in my original booking. After studying the deck plan, I moved to the aft suite. We are at the back of the ship but then many of the places we will visit during the day are also at the back or middle of the ship. I guarantee you will all spend many happy hours on your balcony. Happy sailing.

We almost always sail aft - but there is more movement there. It just doesn't bother us.

I'm pretty sure it is both covered and open like you said. They literally are twice the size of the regular balconies as well as most of the mini suite balconies. I truly felt like with what we're already spending what is a little bit more? I think my parents will be much happier. How many cabins do you guys have?

Right now we have 3 cabins, with a 4th still thinking about booking :rolleyes: I'm only moving us and my parents to the B6 though. The other cabin is a studio.

Edited by SissasMomE

We just sailed in a B6 on the breakaway for a 12 nighter. We loved the room. The half of balcony sticks out past the rest of the ship. So that half of the balcony gets a good amount of sunshine. You do lose a little bit of privacy with that VS a aft cabin. It was not a big deal to us. They also had two loungers, a chair, and a small table on the balcony when we arrived. I found a video on youtube of a B6 cabin on the breakaway before we sailed. Here it is

Also it is a kindof long walk to the aft of the ship for the restaurants, but if you go to the midship elevators and walk across the pool deck it doesnt seem nearly as long as the narrow hallways. The room was well worth the walk to us.

Edited by Medic2378

We just sailed in a B6 on the breakaway for a 12 nighter. We loved the room. The half of balcony sticks out past the rest of the ship. So that half of the balcony gets a good amount of sunshine. You do lose a little bit of privacy with that VS a aft cabin. It was not a big deal to us. They also had two loungers, a chair, and a small table on the balcony when we arrived. I found a video on youtube of a B6 cabin on the breakaway before we sailed. Here it is

:D Thank you so much for responding!! What cabin # were you in if you don't mind me asking?

We were in cabin 9124 port side. It was also very quiet the entire cruise in the room and on the balcony! The breakaway backed into most of the ports though. So the starboard side had a better view of most of the ports. Im not sure if the Getaway is going to have fireworks too, but on the breakaway the fireworks went off on the port side. So we had a perfect view of the fireworks while relaxing on our balcony away from the crowds!

Also it is a kindof long walk to the aft of the ship for the restaurants, but if you go to the midship elevators and walk across the pool deck it doesnt seem nearly as long as the narrow hallways. The room was well worth the walk to us.

Hey thanks! Did you have any problems with stuff landing on your balcony from the cabins above?

Awesome! I am very excited. I am going with a couple of friends and we upgraded to the room. We figured having the large balcony would pay off, especially since we read about how crowded the boat can feel sometimes... it would be nice to have our own space.

It definitely is really nice.. we had the two loungers, a regular chair, and a small table all for on the balcony.. it was very peaceful. You could easily fit four regular chairs on the balcony in place of the loungers also. Claudia went above and beyond to make sure we had every little thing we wanted. We only ever had to ask for anything once. We tipped her well throughout the cruise, but she definitely deserved it.. Enjoy your cruise! Im ready to go back! I am debating to do the 12 nighter again next, or the Bahamas or Bermuda. I dont know if I can wait long enough for the next 12 nighter on the breakaway lol

We were in cabin 9124 port side. It was also very quiet the entire cruise in the room and on the balcony! The breakaway backed into most of the ports though. So the starboard side had a better view of most of the ports. Im not sure if the Getaway is going to have fireworks too, but on the breakaway the fireworks went off on the port side. So we had a perfect view of the fireworks while relaxing on our balcony away from the crowds!

I am hoping that the Getaway sets them off towards port side as well. I booked cabin 9132 for the balcony size and to hopefully watch the fireworks from there! So glad to hear that you enjoyed your B6 cabin!

Kathy