Le Club Voyage Levels - have they been updated already

uktog

I saw on the other thread that Desert Steve had received his documents showing he was Dicoverer Plus. As we are elite plus I assumed we too would be at that tier but the documents sent electronically to us this morning show us as being discoverer. Desert Steve would seem to be sailing at the end of this month, we sail in early March so the explanation that it is trips after 31 Jan does not explain it.

I am currently abroad on business in a time zone that does not align with calling the UK and no desire to rack up costs calling the US. Although the perks do not really bother me, I would prefer the paperwork to be correct. Oh well another thing to add to the to do list when I get home.

Upcoming cruisers might like to check their docs and share their experiences.

...on 16 January... Those--as well as the documents for the 3 February and 17 February sailings--all reflect my LCV membership tier as Discover rather than Discoverer Plus...

I'm conceptually indifferent about the benefits differences too--I booked these cruises long before the Captain's Club and the straggler LCV changes were introduced--but there are principles in play... If new membership levels have been introduced and Club Points are being accrued at a lower rate for some--but not all--based upon stateroom level, there is--to my mind--an imperative to implement new benefit levels [seemingly enhancements, whatever they are] coincident with announcement of new membership tiers and implementation of the revised loyalty measurement system...

As someone who typically travels solo, my Captain's Club change from Elite to Elite Plus is meaningful to me in that it provides a more equitable internet and laundry benefit than I received under the old system for the same--or higher--spend than an Elite tier couple... And even though my benefits will still be half those of an Elite Plus couple for the same or higher spend, laundry and internet time are now at a level that will work for me--even though the concept is still off--without sustaining additional charges that similarly loyal couples did not incur...

I've noted before that we all see these things through our own prism; it's human nature not to do so just as it is human nature not to look at the broader picture/perspective if it does not impact us... Many on this forum have expressed differing--but very valid--issues and concerns; some [like the published disparity in qualifiying for Celebrity Elite versus Azamara Discoverer; I'm still convinced that was an error but they've never directly admitted so; pride is getting in the way of their good judgment] are significant...

I'm all for things being done right--always and all ways--but I think that Azamara's ship has already sailed... In terms of onboard experience, the Discoverer Plus designation will seemingly have no tangible meaning for those of us who are sailing prior to some yet undetermined date during Second Quarter... And so while I agree that the records should be correct, I'm not much sure that a Discoverer versus Discoverer Plus designation makes an iota's difference from a guest perspective--to me, that's where it matters--in terms of our imminent sailings...

Sadly, Azamara has made a terrible debacle of this rollout... If done well, cohesively, and strategically in timely fashion, it could have been a win/win for both guests and the cruise line...

Edited by Xport

Dear Xport,

Thank you for your impressive, thorough, cohesive and professional post re: the new Le Club Voyage levels and benefits. In short, I wish I had written that considered post, but as I did not, I can only say Thank You and that I agree with every word. I could not have expressed it better. Thanks again.

John

For your very kind comments... Though not all will agree with my observations for a variety of reasons, I do think that they're important enough [as are others from the earlier related thread that I did not specifically mention] from an equity/principles perspective--I'm not some grumpy old man or obsessed with perks--to "keep them green"... This forum is surely one vehicle for doing so...

In response to participant feedback, Celebrity has--to their credit--already made two minor tweaks to the revised Captain's Club program as unveiled on 25 November... In the meantime--and I just don't understand it--Azamara has yet to get their revisions, surely they were anticipated in the context of Celebrity's impending actions [they were no surprise and more than a rumor early last year] and their mutual systems, off the ground...

--Mike

Edited by Xport

I saw on the other thread that Desert Steve had received his documents showing he was Dicoverer Plus. As we are elite plus I assumed we too would be at that tier but the documents sent electronically to us this morning show us as being discoverer. Desert Steve would seem to be sailing at the end of this month, we sail in early March so the explanation that it is trips after 31 Jan does not explain it.

I am currently abroad on business in a time zone that does not align with calling the UK and no desire to rack up costs calling the US. Although the perks do not really bother me, I would prefer the paperwork to be correct. Oh well another thing to add to the to do list when I get home.

Upcoming cruisers might like to check their docs and share their experiences.

He might have his Discoverer Plus by virtue of his Azamara cruises. I think when you are given reciprocal status, like from Celebrity to Azamara, it's only Elite to Discoverer and does not take in any levels above Elite.

Here's the web site for Le Club:

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/club-azamara/le-club-voyage

He might have his Discoverer Plus by virtue of his Azamara cruises. I think when you are given reciprocal status, like from Celebrity to Azamara, it's only Elite to Discoverer and does not take in any levels above Elite.

Here's the web site for Le Club:

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/club-azamara/le-club-voyage

I would expect still to be Elite plus on that basis though